This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Supremus in the Black Temple in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Stage One - Supremus
This stage begins the encounter and ends after ~60-seconds. It begins again following ~60-seconds in stage two.
- The tanks will be dealing with Hateful Strike, which will favor the highest health player in melee range.
- After a Molten Punch, avoid the path of Molten Flame.
Stage Two - Pursuit
This stage begins after ~60-seconds in stage one and ends after ~60-seconds.
- When targeted by Fixate, run away from Supremus while staying within 40-yards.
- If Supremus reaches the fixated player, they'll take critical to fatal damage.
- If the fixated player moves more than 40-yards from Supremus, it will Charge, knocking the player back a great distance.
- Avoid taking Supremus over any of the props around the area (fences, tables, tents, etc) as that may cause it to evade.
- Similarly, players should avoid standing on props as they may also cause Supremus to evade or to pull the player into melee range with Summon Player.
- Avoid the impact locations of Volcanic Geyser.
- Players generally won't make use of any additional Resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the encounter or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- as-needed to keep the tanks near full health during stage one
- Other things to watch for
Debuffs to Track
- Fixate can cause the affected player to need additional healing.
- **Based on logs, it seems like there isn't an actual debuff applied to fixated players. So tracking it may not be possible in this way.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Supremus in the Black Temple. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point.
Comment on Supremus, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
January 23, 2022 - 10:20 pm (Supremus) - Updated Fixate spell ID.