This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Illidari Council in the Black Temple in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
During this encounter, players will be fighting against the four members of the council at the same time.
- All Council members share a health pool due to Balance of Power
- Gathios the Shatterer
- Dispel Hammer of Justice (magic) to remove the stun effect.
- Avoid the location of Consecration.
- Can have one of two Blessings active at a time.
- Can have one of two Seals active at a time, along with using its corresponding Judgement.
- Can have one of two Auras active at a time, affecting himself and enemies within 30-yards.
- High Nethermancer Zerevor
- Lady Malande
- The tank will be dealing with Empowered Smite.
- Interrupt Circle of Healing to prevent the healing on all enemies.
- When possible, interrupt Divine Wrath to prevent the moderate damage and moderate damage over time.
- While the damage absorption effect from Reflective Shield is active, a portion of damage taken is reflected back at players.
- Veras Darkshadow
- Players generally won't make use of any additional Resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the encounter or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Cooldowns
- Other things to watch for
Debuffs to Track
- Hammer of Justice (dispel, magic) should be dispelled immediately.
- Dampen Magic should be purged, or spell-stolen by the Mage tank.
- Judgement of Blood causes players to need moderate healing over time.
- Divine Wrath causes players to need moderate healing over time.
- Deadly Poison causes players to need light healing over time.
- Flamestrike causes players to need moderate healing over time.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Illidari Council in the Black Temple. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point.
Comment on Illidari Council, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
January 23, 2022 - 10:20 pm (Supremus) - Updated Fixate spell ID.