This page covers a healer-focused strategy for The Tarragrue in Sanctum of Domination in Shadowlands. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
- The tanks will be dealing with Overpower, stunning them and greatly increasing physical damage taken with Crushed Armor.
- Soothe Fury of the Ages to remove the increased damage dealt and haste effect.
- Targets a random player with Chains of Eternity, after 8-seconds the first player hit in the line is pulled in and killed by Annihilating Smash.
- When Predator's Howl is cast, stay more than 5-yards away from other players to avoid being feared by Unshakeable Dread.
- During Hungering Mist, stay more than 25-yards away from the Tarragrue Images to avoid the heavy damage.
- Grasp of Death deals heavy damage over time to all players.
- On Heroic, Remnant of Forgotten Torment should be absorbed by players walking into them. Absorbing a portion of a Remnant applies a negative effect to the player for 1.5-minutes while lessening the "global" effect on all players or enemies.
- Remnant: Upper Reaches' Might
- Global effect: Increases physical damage dealt by all enemies.
- Absorbed effect: Increases physical damage taken.
- Remnant: Mort'regar's Echoes
- Global effect: Increases magic damage dealt by all enemies.
- Absorbed effect: Increases magic damage taken.
- Avoid absorbing this with Remnant: Soulforge Heat.
- Remnant: Soulforge Heat
- Global effect: Deals moderate damage over time to all players.
- Absorbed effect: Deals light damage over time.
- Avoid absorbing this with Remnant: Mort'regar's Echoes.
- Remnant: Upper Reaches' Might
- At 10% health, The Jailer's Gaze removes all Anima Powers** from players and greatly increases Tarragrue's damage dealt.
- **It's unclear if this means the Remnant effects or is simply leftover from a previous iteration of the fight. I'll update it when the journal is finalized.
- Remnant of Forgotten Torment are now summoned in sets of two and their effects on absorbing players last for the entire encounter.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Major Cooldowns on
- Use Minor Cooldowns
- on Remnant: Soulforge Heat
- as-needed as the Remnant effects affect more players
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Potion of Spiritual Clarity use
- Other things to watch for
- Keep the tanks near full health and use external defensive cooldowns as-needed so they can survive Overpower.
Debuffs to Track
- Crushed Armor can cause the tanks to need additional healing, although a tank swap should occur before this is an issue.
- Unshakeable Dread should be dispelled immediately.
- Remnant: Soulforge Heat causes players to need additional healing over time.
- Several debuffs can cause players to need additional healing.
Enrages to Soothe
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for The Tarragrue in Sanctum of Domination. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point. Some settings may be Mythic only.
DBM settings will be added as soon as possible.