This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Fatescribe Roh-Kalo in Sanctum of Domination in Shadowlands. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, combat log information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
During this encounter, players will be alternating between stage one and stage two until the Loom of Fates has been realigned twice and stage three begins.
Stage One - Scrying Fate
This stage begins the encounter and ends when Roh-Kalo reaches 70% and 40% health. It begins again when the Loom of Fates discs have been realigned in stage two.
- The tanks will be dealing with Diviner's Probe, taking additional damage while Roh-Kalo has stacks.
- During Invoke Destiny, move as far away from the affected tank as possible to lessen the damage taken. This spawns a Shade of Destiny.
- Shade of Destiny
- When affected by Call of Eternity, move more than 20-yards away from other players to avoid chaining the damage.
- On Heroic, stay more than 20-yards away from the Echo of Eternity left behind to avoid the heavy damage when it detonates.
- During Fated Conjunction, avoid the swath of beams coming from the walls, which also mirrors on the opposite side of the room.
- Deals light damage over time to random players with Twist Fate.
Stage Two - Defying Destiny
This stage begins when Roh-Kalo reaches 70% and 40% health and ends after the Loom of Fates discs are realigned.
- Roh-Kalo is immune to damage during this stage, due to Realign Fate.
- The discs on the floor of the room are scrambled and each highlighted rune must be rotated into the marked position along its disc.
- Applies Runic Affinity to random players, allowing them to realign the Loom of Fates.
- Spawns several Fatespawn Monstrosities at the beginning of the stage.
- Deals light damage over time to all players for the duration of this stage with Unstable Accretion.
- Players have 40-seconds to realign the Loom of Fates discs before Darkest Destiny deals fatal damage to all players.
Stage Three - Fated Terminus
This stage begins after the second time the Loom of Fates discs are aligned in stage two and ends when Roh-Kalo is killed.
- The Loom of Fates remains active, its discs being periodically scrambled by Extemporaneous Fate.
- When scrambled, players have 30-seconds to realign the discs using the same methods as stage two before Darkest Destiny deals fatal damage to all players.
- Roh-Kalo continues to use the same abilities as stage one.
Stage One - Scrying Fate
- When affected by Grim Portent, stand on the rune you're bound to on the Loom of Fates discs.
- When the effect expires, players on the correct rune take light damage. Each affected player not on the correct rune deals critical damage to all players.
- Avoid the Fate Fragments left behind by Echo of Eternity.
Stage Two - Defying Destiny
- Avoid the Exposed Threads of Fate lines between the highlighted rune and the center of the room. Players hit take light damage over time.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Major Cooldowns on
- during stage two
- Use Minor Cooldowns on
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Potion of Spiritual Clarity use
- immediately following stage two
- Other things to watch for
- I'll update this section once I've seen more of the encounter.
Debuffs to Track
- Call of Eternity causes players to need additional healing over time.
- (Mythic) Exposed Threads of Fate causes players to need additional healing over time.
- Twist Fate causes players to need additional healing over time.
- (Mythic) Grim Portent causes players to need additional healing.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Fatescribe Roh-Kalo in Sanctum of Domination. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point. Some settings may be Mythic only.
Boss Mechanic Practice
While not technically an addon, the browser-based minigame Sanctum of Pineapples is a great way to practice Sanctum of Domination boss mechanics in a low-stress environment.
Comment on Fatescribe Roh-Kalo, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
July 28, 2021 - 11:59 am (Sylvanas Windrunner) - Made minor guide updates and clarifications, fixed some broken spell links.
July 13, 2021 - 9:06 pm (Sylvanas Windrunner) - Updated health breakpoint for ending stage one based on hotfix notes.
July 10, 2021 - 6:02 pm (Painsmith Raznal) - Added better Spiked information.
July 10, 2021 - 1:33 am (Painsmith Raznal) - Updated Shadowsteel Chains spell ID, hopefully for the last time.
July 09, 2021 - 9:49 pm (Soulrender Dormazain) - Updated Torment and Tormented Eruptions information.
July 08, 2021 - 4:55 pm (Guardian of the First Ones) - Updated Obliterate spell ID.
July 08, 2021 - 4:34 pm (Painsmith Raznal) - Updated Shadowsteel Chains and Spiked spell ID.
July 06, 2021 - 11:39 pm (The Nine) - Updated Fragments of Destiny spell ID.
July 06, 2021 - 10:40 pm (The Tarragrue) - Updated Grasp of Death spell ID.
July 06, 2021 - 2:57 pm (The Tarragrue) - Added some information on anima powers. Updated Grasp of Death to be an applied debuff.