This page contains quick guides for World Bosses in Battle for Azeroth. More information will be added as it's available. The guides are based on Dungeon Journal information and my own experiences with the fights. Information will be updated as-needed. Feedback is appreciated, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
World Boss Rotation: Mortanis, Oranomonos, Nurgash, Valinor
Valinor, the Light of Eons
This boss is located in Bastion.
- The tanks will be dealing with Mark of Penitence, reducing healing received.
- Stay at least 10-yards away from other players to avoid chaining the damage from Charged Anima Blast.
- Avoid the impact locations of Unleashed Anima and Anima Charge.
- Deals moderate damage to all players with Vent Anima.
- Increases aggro radius of all players with Lysonia's Call.
- At 0% Anima, shuts down to Recharge Anima, halting all abilities.
This boss is located in Maldraxxus.
- The tanks will be dealing with Bone Cleave.
- Stack with the player affected by Screaming Skull to split the damage taken.
- Dispel Unholy Frenzy (enrage).
- Avoid the path of Spine Crawl.
- During Lord of the Fallen, avoid the locations of Unruly Remains.
- Periodically summons Rotting Minions with Summon Skeleton, which should be killed to keep from being overwhelmed.
Oranomonos the Everbranching
This boss is located in Ardenweald.
- The tanks will be dealing with stacks of Implant.
- Dispel Rapid Growth (magic) to remove the root and damage over time effect.
- Interrupt or Purge Regrowth to prevent the healing over time.
- When Seeds of Sorrow is cast, move as far away from the impact location as possible to reduce damage taken.
- Avoid the Withered Winds as they move around the area.
- At 50% health, deals heavy damage over time to all players with Dirge of the Fallen Sanctum.
This boss is located in Revendreth.
- The tanks will be dealing with Stone Fist.
- Don't stand in front to avoid Earthen Blast.
- Stay within 20-yards of the boss to avoid Hail of Stones.
- Deals moderate damage to all players with Stone Stomp.
- Gradually gains stacks of Hardened Muck, increasing physical damage dealt but reducing attack speed.
Comment on World Boss Guides, Shadowlands
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
January 05, 2021 - 4:11 am (World Bosses) - Updated Valinor's abilities.
December 22, 2020 - 4:30 pm (World Bosses) - Updated Nurgash information, added final bosses to the rotation.
December 15, 2020 - 3:22 pm (World Bosses) - Added Oranomonos to rotation list, updated abilities.
December 08, 2020 - 11:32 pm (World Bosses) - Added Mortanis to the rotation list.