This page covers a DPS-focused strategy for Ursoc in The Emerald Nightmare. While it's tailored for DPS, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @SquidWonder.
This guide will be updated as needed.
Normal and Heroic
The information below pertains to Normal and Heroic difficulty. There are very few differences between Normal and Heroic, if something is Heroic-only it will be noted as such.
Ursoc is a one-phase fight where damage ramps up over time.
- The raid will be split into two soak groups. It is very important to keep track of your group and not try to soak when it isn't your turn.
- Ursoc will cast Focused Gaze on a random non-tank player every 40 seconds. If you are targeted, run to the raid-designated spot.
- When it is your group's turn to soak, stand between Ursoc and the Focused Gaze target. Ursoc will use Momentum to charge through the group, giving them a Momentum debuff that lasts 50 seconds.
- When he reaches the target, Ursoc will use Barreling Impact and Trampling Slam. Barreling Impact's damage lessens with each target hit by Momentum while Trampling Slam deals less damage the farther away the target is.
- Additionally, Ursoc casts Roaring Cacophony twice between charges. Each time he casts it, he gains a stack of Echoing Dischord. When not soaking Momentum, stay close enough to split the damage of Roaring Cacophony.
- At 30% Ursoc will enter Blood Frenzy, increasing attack speed by 20% and damage done by 25%.
- Heroic-only Mechanics
- Each time Roaring Cacophony casts, a Nightmare Image appears on Ursoc's position and spawns a fairly large pool of Miasma which persists throughout the fight.
- Nightmare Images cannot be tanked or DPS'd - just get 20 yards away from them.
- Move out of Miasma to avoid the ticking damage, but also to be far enough away from the Nightmare Image's Nightmarish Cacophony which will deal damage and fear all players struck by it.
- Heroic mode requires extra movement, so keep that in mind while planning CD's.
- Stay close enough to soak Roaring Cacophony
- Run to the center of the room when targeted by Focused Gaze and use a defensive CD when he charges.
- When it is your group's turn, soak Momentum by placing yourself between Ursoc and his Focused Gaze target.
- Use Heroism/Bloodlust/Timewarp at 30%. Save a strong DPS cooldown for this phase.
- Enable settings to announce when you are the Focused Gaze target
- Enable timers for Roaring Cacophony cast (in case you need to top yourself off or use a cooldown)
Comment on Ursoc, DPS Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
March 24, 2017 - 12:00 am (The Emerald Nightmare) - Guides reviewed for patch 7.2, no major updates made.
December 31, 2016 - 6:00 pm (The Emerald Nightmare) - Reviewed for patch 7.1.5.
December 25, 2016 - 12:00 am (The Emerald Nightmare) - Updated Healer guide for Xavius, adding Mythic kill video and additional Mythic information.
December 18, 2016 - 12:00 am (The Emerald Nightmare) - Updated Mythic Healer guide for Cenarius and added Mythic kill video.
November 24, 2016 - 12:00 am (The Emerald Nightmare) - Added Mythic video to Il'gynoth Healer guide.
November 14, 2016 - 12:00 am (The Emerald Nightmare) - Added Mythic videos to Ursoc and Dragons of Nightmare healer guides.
November 12, 2016 - 12:00 am (The Emerald Nightmare) - The Mythic information on the healer guide for Dragons of Nightmare was updated.
October 23, 2016 - 12:00 am (The Emerald Nightmare) - Added additional clarifications to the Mythic section of the Elerethe Healer guide, along with a Mythic video.
October 22, 2016 - 12:00 am (The Emerald Nightmare) - Added Heroic video to the Xavius Healer guide.
October 20, 2016 - 12:00 am (The Emerald Nightmare) - Added videos to the Healer guides for Nythendra (mythic), Il'gynoth, and Cenarius.