This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Trilliax in The Nighthold. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the fight as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
Trilliax switches between several modes during the fight with each mode having unique abilities and mechanics.
- Avoid Arcane Seepage pools which randomly land around the room.
- Don't stand in front of the boss to avoid Arcane Slash.
- Watch for Toxic Slice to appear around the room.
- The pieces of cake need to be eaten, preferrably before Scrubbers from The Caretaker mode reach them, and before Trilliax uses Cleansing Rage during The Cleaner mode.
- Eating a piece will apply a stacking damage over time effect.
- On Heroic, players can only eat one piece of cake at a time, and must wait for their Stuffed debuff to expire before eating another.
- When affected by Sterilize, stay at least 7-yards away from other players.
- Standing near Scrubbers with Sterilize will slowly reduce their energy while dealing damage to you. This is important as Scrubbers should be prevented from reaching maximum energy.
- During this mode, Arcane Slash is used more frequently.
- Mana Rupture deals random, light damage to the group.
- Players affected by Arcing Bonds need to stand together.
- Avoid the Annihilation beam that is cast when Trilliax reaches full mana.
- The beam shoots in front of and behind Trilliax as he rotates in place in the center of the room.
- Tidy Up summons Scrubbers that clean the room.
- Scrubbers clean up Arcane Seepage and Toxic Slice, gaining energy each time.
- Consuming a Toxic Slice grants 100% energy.
- If a Scrubber reaches maximum energy it casts Cleansing Destruction, dealing heavy damage to the entire group.
- Players can click on an exploding Scrubber to jump on it and absorb the blast instead. This deals very light damage on Normal and Heroic, and moderate damage on Mythic.
- Players should eat Toxic Slice and hit Scrubbers with Sterilize to prevent them from reaching maximum energy.
- Succulent Feast will be thrown out when Trilliax reaches full mana. Clicking on it will give you a large damage absorption shield.
- Players who will be jumping on exploding Scrubbers should get this buff, however it's not necessary if you have a personal cooldown to use instead.
- Trilliax will use Personality Transference, activating a Construct with similar abilities.
- The Construct casts Energized on itself.
- This needs to be purged or dispelled quickly.
- If Trilliax and the Construct are in the same mode, the Construct will also gain Dual Personalities.
- Construct - The Cleaner
- Construct - The Maniac
Healing this fight should be relatively straightforward as long as mechanics are handled properly.
The Cleaner Mode
- Players with Sterilize may require extra healing if they're draining energy from a Scrubber.
- Be aware of the heavy damage from Cleansing Rage if not all Toxic Slice are eaten.
The Maniac Mode
- The group will be taking constant light damage from Mana Rupture.
- Players affected by Arcing Bonds will need additional healing until the debuff expires.
The Caretaker Mode
- Be aware of the criticalheavy group-wide damage if a Scrubber reaches maximum energy and casts Cleansing Destruction without a player absorbing the blast.
Debuffs to Track
- Sterilize causes players to need additional healing if they're draining a Scrubber.
- Arcing Bonds causes affected players to need additional healing.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Trilliax. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point. Some settings may be Mythic only.
Heroic, Restoration Druid PoV
Below is a video of me and my guild defeating Trilliax on Heroic difficulty. There is no commentary, only game sounds.
Mythic, Restoration Druid PoV
Below is a video of me and my guild defeating Trilliax on Mythic difficulty. There is no commentary, only game sounds.
Comment on Trilliax, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
April 30, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added Mythic Tel'arn video to healer guide.
April 30, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added better mythic information to the Tel'arn healer guide.
April 11, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Updated healer DBM settings for the first six bosses, added Mythic Aluriel kill video to healer guide.
April 04, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added mythic kill video to the Tichondrius healer guide and reviewed all information, only minor corrections were needed.
March 24, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Guides reviewed for patch 7.2, no major updates made.
March 13, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added Mythic kill video to Krosus healer guide.
March 06, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Did a full review of all healer guides. No major changes were made, mostly just wording clarifications.
February 14, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Made final update to Trilliax healer guide and added mythic kill video.
February 12, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Made final updates to the Chronomatic Anomaly healer guide and added the mythic kill video.
February 11, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added mythic information to Skorpyron and Chronomatic Anomaly DPS guides.