This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Krosus in The Nighthold. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the fight as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
- The fight takes place on a bridge, Krosus will slowly destroy sections of the bridge, making the available space smaller as the fight goes on.
- Searing Brand is a stacking debuff applied to tanks.
- Avoid Fel Beam, which targets the left or right side of the bridge, depending on which hand Krosus raises.
- When affected by Orb of Destruction, move as far away from the group as possible to lessen the damage dealt.
- Burning Pitch causes globs of pitch to fly out of Krosus.
- Burning Embers cast Felblast on random players, and can be interrupted.
- Players should move to the impact locations of the pitch to soak them.
- Any pitch that doesn't hit a player upon impact spawns a Burning Ember add.
- When Slam is cast, avoid the two circles in melee range, these are for the tanks to soak and will deal critical damage to players standing in them.
- This does a heavy amount of group damage even when soaked properly.
- A section of the bridge is destroyed every third time Krosus uses Slam.
- If no players are in melee range of Krosus, Isolated Rage is cast.
There are minor differences on Mythic that pertain to Burning Embers, making soaking them and killing them quickly much more important.
- Some Burning Embers that appear will be affected by Accelerate, causing them to grow in size and gain energy rapidly.
- These must be killed before reaching full energy or they use Burnout, dealing lethal damage to the group.
Healing this fight should be very easy, it has relatively low damage and very predictable damage spikes.
- Searing Brand will cause increasing damage to the tanks before they switch.
- The group will take light to moderate damage from Orb of Destruction, assuming the affected player moves far away from the group.
- Players who soak pitch from Burning Pitch will take moderate damage.
- Burning Embers will deal moderate damage to random players if they aren't stunned or interrupted.
- The group will take heavy damage from Slam.
- Be aware of Krosus' abilities overlapping. Such as a Slam immediately followed by a Orb of Destruction. These combinations will require a group-healing cooldown to survive.
Debuffs to Track
- (Optional) Searing Brand can be tracked so you know if a tank's stacks get high.
- (Optional) Orb of Destruction can be tracked to provide another warning of when group-wide damage is going to happen.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Krosus. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point. Some settings may be Mythic only.
Heroic, Restoration Druid PoV
Below is a video of me and my guild defeating Krosus on Heroic difficulty. There is no commentary, only game sounds.
Mythic, Restoration Druid PoV
Below is a video of me and my guild defeating Krosus on Mythic difficulty. There is no commentary, only game sounds.
Comment on Krosus, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
April 30, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added Mythic Tel'arn video to healer guide.
April 30, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added better mythic information to the Tel'arn healer guide.
April 11, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Updated healer DBM settings for the first six bosses, added Mythic Aluriel kill video to healer guide.
April 04, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added mythic kill video to the Tichondrius healer guide and reviewed all information, only minor corrections were needed.
March 24, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Guides reviewed for patch 7.2, no major updates made.
March 13, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added Mythic kill video to Krosus healer guide.
March 06, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Did a full review of all healer guides. No major changes were made, mostly just wording clarifications.
February 14, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Made final update to Trilliax healer guide and added mythic kill video.
February 12, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Made final updates to the Chronomatic Anomaly healer guide and added the mythic kill video.
February 11, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added mythic information to Skorpyron and Chronomatic Anomaly DPS guides.