This page covers a DPS-focused strategy for Tichondrius in The Nighthold. While it's tailored for DPS, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @VirendraDG.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the fight as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
Tichondrius swaps between two phases throughout the fight.
Stage One: Lord of the Nathrezim
- is a DOT that affects several random players.
- Tichondrius will use to launch a wave of magic at every player afflicted with . Anyone hit by this wave also gets . Plaguebearers need to be away from the rest of the raid to avoid spreading it.
- On Heroic only, will mark several players with a visual green circle. When a few raid members enter the circle, the Brand explodes, dealing massive damage to everyone within 200 yards. The farther away from the source, the less damage the raid takes.
- Detonations should be staggered.
- Branded players should move away from the raid.
- causes adds within 30 yards of Tichondrius to heal for 400% of damage dealt.
- Tichondrius uses on the tank to summon three Tainted Blood adds. That tank will need to run the adds out of Tichondrius's aura before DPS takes them down.
- will summon 4 Fel Spires around the room before Tichondrius channels a raid-wide damaging spell for 8 seconds.
- Each Fel Spire will absorb damage for players behind it, but it will be destroyed if it takes too much damage.
- The raid should distribute itself evenly to prevent a Fel Spire from falling during the channel.
Stage Two: Shadow of Terror
- This stage begins when Tichondrius uses and lasts for 30 seconds.
- is a beam that cuts across the field, dealing massive damage and stunning any player in its path. Move away from the beam.
- Phantasmal Bloodfang bats will spawn continuously in the illusion.
- Killing the bats cause to spawn. Picking one up increases damage and healing by 30% and increases mana regeneration by 2%.
- effects last until 30 seconds after the illusion ends.
- Everyone should aim to pick up these orbs before the phase ends.
- will fall off during the Illusion.
After the Illusion
- Stage One will continue, but now Tichondrius will summon Felsworn Spellguard adds.
- is a stacking movement speed increase for the Felsworn.
- deals damage to a player and increases all damage taken for 8 seconds. After debuff expires, a is created. Move away from the zones.
- Felsworn Spellguards need to be 30 yards away from Tichondrius before being DPS'd down.
- The second time the Illusion ends, Tichondrius summons Sightless Watcher adds.
- Sightless Watchers will drain healers' mana with .
- On Heroic, will deal damage to anyone within 10-20 yards of the Watcher.
- Avoid spreading the by dodging .
- Stand behind Fel Spires during .
- Prioritize adds after they are moved out of .
- Use Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warp after an Illusionary Night phase to stack it with the buff.
Comment on Tichondrius, DPS Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
April 30, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added Mythic Tel'arn video to healer guide.
April 30, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added better mythic information to the Tel'arn healer guide.
April 11, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Updated healer DBM settings for the first six bosses, added Mythic Aluriel kill video to healer guide.
April 04, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added mythic kill video to the Tichondrius healer guide and reviewed all information, only minor corrections were needed.
March 24, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Guides reviewed for patch 7.2, no major updates made.
March 13, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added Mythic kill video to Krosus healer guide.
March 06, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Did a full review of all healer guides. No major changes were made, mostly just wording clarifications.
February 14, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Made final update to Trilliax healer guide and added mythic kill video.
February 12, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Made final updates to the Chronomatic Anomaly healer guide and added the mythic kill video.
February 11, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added mythic information to Skorpyron and Chronomatic Anomaly DPS guides.