This page covers a DPS-focused strategy for Spellblade Aluriel in The Nighthold. While it's tailored for DPS, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @VirendraDG.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the fight as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
Spellblade Alurial cycles between three enchantments: Frost, Fire and Arcane. During each enchantment she can Replicate, Detonate, and Animate her primary ability.
- Annihilate deals damage to two enemies in front of her. This should be shared by the tanks, but DPS needs to take care not to stand with the tanks.
Master of Frost
- Aluriel targets players with Mark of Frost. Only two players are targeted for the first round. Branded players deal damage in an 8 yard radius to allies.
- Damage from Mark of Frost inflicts Frostbitten which increases damage taken from Mark of Frost and stacks.
- When two marked players meet they cause an explosion of damage and the Mark of Frost bounces to a nearby ally.
- Replicate: Mark of Frost hits more players with Mark of Frost.
- Detonate: Mark of Frost will cause players branded the Mark to leave a Pool of Frost on the ground that deals damage and slows movement speed.
- Icy Enchantment adds from the Pool of Frost.
- On Normal only, Icy Enchantments use Burst of Ice to deal damage to the whole raid.
- On Heroic, Icy Enchantments teleport to a random player and channel a Frozen Tempest in a circular area. Any player inside the radius takes constant frost damage and is pushed towards the edge. Crossing in or out of the circle will freeze the player in a block of ice that has to be destroyed by allies.
- DPS needs to swap to the Icy Enchantments right away.
- Free any players that are stunned by Frozen Tempest.
Master of Fire
- Aluriel targets random players with Searing Brand and charges them, dealing damage to any player in her way. Players with Searing Brand should make sure Aluriel has a clear line of sight to them. Conversely, if you don't have Searing Brand, make sure you aren't in the way of someone who does.
- Dying with Searing Brand automatically triggers Detonate: Searing Brand.
- [Replicate: Searing Brand] marks additional targets with Searing Brand.
- Detonate: Searing Brand causes each Searing Brand target to drop a pool of Burning Ground.
- Animate: Searing Brand summons Fiery Enchantments from pools of Burning Ground.
- On Normal only, Fiery Enchantments use Burst of Flame to deal damage to the whole raid.
- On Heroic, Fiery Enchantments continuously cast Pyroblast at random players. The cast can be interrupted.
- On Heroic, Bound in Flame causes a 100% damage increase and a 100% cast speed increase for every other Fiery Enchantment in 8 yards. This means that any player with the Brand needs to be at least 8 yards away from any other Branded target during Detonation.
- Damage these adds down immediately.
Master of the Arcane
- Aluriel summons Arcane Orbs near random players. The orbs deal ticking damage to anyone within 8 yards. Move away from the orbs.
- Replicate: Arcane Orb causes more Arcane Orbs to spawn.
- Detonate: Arcane Orb causes the Arcane Orbs to fixate on a target, detonating on them for a high amount of damage. The damage is decreased the further away the target is. Fixated players should get away as quickly as possible.
- Orbs leave Arcane Fog where they detonate. The Fog silences players and deals continuous damage.
- Animate: Arcane Orb summons Arcane Enchantments from the Arcane Fog.
- Don't stand in front of Aluriel.
- Don't cross the threshold during Frozen Tempest, and free any players trapped in the ice.
- If your group has trouble getting a certain group of adds down quickly enough, save Heroism/Time Warp/Bloodlust for that add group.
- Make sure Searing Brand targets have a clear line of sight.
- Don't stand near Arcane Orbs.
Comment on Spellblade Aluriel, DPS Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
April 30, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added Mythic Tel'arn video to healer guide.
April 30, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added better mythic information to the Tel'arn healer guide.
April 11, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Updated healer DBM settings for the first six bosses, added Mythic Aluriel kill video to healer guide.
April 04, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added mythic kill video to the Tichondrius healer guide and reviewed all information, only minor corrections were needed.
March 24, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Guides reviewed for patch 7.2, no major updates made.
March 13, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added Mythic kill video to Krosus healer guide.
March 06, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Did a full review of all healer guides. No major changes were made, mostly just wording clarifications.
February 14, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Made final update to Trilliax healer guide and added mythic kill video.
February 12, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Made final updates to the Chronomatic Anomaly healer guide and added the mythic kill video.
February 11, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added mythic information to Skorpyron and Chronomatic Anomaly DPS guides.