This page covers a DPS-focused strategy for High Botanist Tel’arn in The Nighthold. While it's tailored for DPS, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @VirendraDG.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the fight as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
Stage One: The High Botanist
- will target a random player and set off three explosions in quick succession that get bigger and bigger and deal a massive amount of damage. Run, run far away.
- roots the target, dealing stacking damage. This needs to be dispelled quickly, but when it's removed, a Parasitic Lasher spawns.
- Parasitic Lasher fixates on the closest player. If it touches them, that player will gain and the cycle starts over.
- Parasitic Lasher can be stunned and slowed, but gains movement speed over time and will eventually become immune to those effects.
- spawns a ring of solar energy that collapses onto a central point. Players need to react immediately to move through the space between patches or else suffer massive damage.
Stage Two: Nightosis
- At 75%, Solarist Tel'arn will spawn.
- All abilities from Stage One continue.
- will target the tank and deal damage to anyone within 4 yards. Don't stand on the tank.
- places three Plasma Spheres around the room that slowly lose health at a steady rate.
- When the Plasma Spheres expire, they use , inflicting massive raid-wide damage and applying a debuff that increases damage taken from by 100% for 5 seconds.
- To manage the explosions, DPS should focus one orb at a time, killing them with enough time apart to allow the debuff to expire and healers to top the raid off.
- Don't even multi-DOT the Spheres.
Stage Three: Pure Forms
- At 50% HP, Tel'arn splits again. There will be three Tel'arns with a shared health pool.
- All abilities from Stage One and Two continue.
- start to spawn at player locations and persist for 2 minutes. Running into a spore will cause it to burst and deal damage.
- marks several players for 30 seconds. The marked players need to move within 5 yards of an unmarked player, and away from other marked players or the raid will take ticking arcane damage.
- Switch to Parasitic Lasher immediately. If you are fixated, don't get hit by it.
- Move away from .
- Run through the ring of as soon as it spawns.
- Damage the Plasma Spheres in order, according to your raid leader. Don't even look at a sphere out of order.
- Avoid .
- When marked with , find an unmarked player to stand with, and stay away from other marked players.
- Before actually doing the fight, I can only predict the best timing for strong DPS cooldowns like Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warp. If your entire raid can make it to Stage Three, I would recommend saving cooldowns for the start of this phase when all three bosses are up and can be cleaved together.
Comment on High Botanist Tel'arn, DPS Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
April 30, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added Mythic Tel'arn video to healer guide.
April 30, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added better mythic information to the Tel'arn healer guide.
April 11, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Updated healer DBM settings for the first six bosses, added Mythic Aluriel kill video to healer guide.
April 04, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added mythic kill video to the Tichondrius healer guide and reviewed all information, only minor corrections were needed.
March 24, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Guides reviewed for patch 7.2, no major updates made.
March 13, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added Mythic kill video to Krosus healer guide.
March 06, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Did a full review of all healer guides. No major changes were made, mostly just wording clarifications.
February 14, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Made final update to Trilliax healer guide and added mythic kill video.
February 12, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Made final updates to the Chronomatic Anomaly healer guide and added the mythic kill video.
February 11, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added mythic information to Skorpyron and Chronomatic Anomaly DPS guides.