This page covers a DPS-focused strategy for Grand Magistrix Elisande in The Nighthold. While it's tailored for DPS, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @VirendraDG.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the fight as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
Grand Magistrix Elisande is the penultimate boss of The Nighthold. When Elisande reaches 0%, she rewinds time and recovers to 100%, twice. This means you will have to damage her to 0HP three times to win the encounter.
- will rewind Elisande's health to 100%. She can only use this twice.
- will target a player and then deal additional damage to other targets, but the number of other targets decrease as the fight goes on.
- In every new Time Layer, Elisande uses "echoes" of her old abilities, so you will be dealing with the same abilities plus new ones every phase.
- Time Elemental adds will periodically spawn. Prioritize killing these adds over Elisande.
- Recursive Elemental will [Shield] Elisande from damage.
- Interrupt . gets stronger with each successive cast.
- When Recursive Elemental dies, it leaves bubble of which decreases casting, movement, attack speed, cooldown recharge, and DOT tick rates by 30% on anyone that touches it.
- Expedient Elemental uses . If left unchecked, the damage from will wipe the raid.
- Dying Expedient Elemental leave a bubble of , which is like the above, only in reverse.
Time Layer 1
- summons a bunch of orbs that collapse inward on the raid. The orbs move at the same rate and deal a ton of damage. Wait for one or two of the orbs to pass through a time zone (either fast or slow) and move through the gap it leaves.
- opens a time hole under several players, dealing damage and leaving a damaging zone behind. Standing in the Singularity zone will cause it to shrink and disappear, but you should move out of the initial time hole.
Time Layer 2
- is a simple arcane beam that deals high damage to anyone in its path. Players targeted should stand still and every else will step aside and avoid the beam.
- will drop an arcane orb that deals raid-wide damage when it hits the ground. If a player soaks the orb before hand, it only deals damage in a 5 yard radius. The orbs are affected by Fast and Slow Time.
Time Layer 3
- affects random players. It is a DOT that deals more damage with every tick. Players should make use of the fast and slow bubbles to stagger the raid-wide damage.
- Help tanks interrupt .
Comment on Grand Magistrix Elisande, DPS Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
April 30, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added Mythic Tel'arn video to healer guide.
April 30, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added better mythic information to the Tel'arn healer guide.
April 11, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Updated healer DBM settings for the first six bosses, added Mythic Aluriel kill video to healer guide.
April 04, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added mythic kill video to the Tichondrius healer guide and reviewed all information, only minor corrections were needed.
March 24, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Guides reviewed for patch 7.2, no major updates made.
March 13, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added Mythic kill video to Krosus healer guide.
March 06, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Did a full review of all healer guides. No major changes were made, mostly just wording clarifications.
February 14, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Made final update to Trilliax healer guide and added mythic kill video.
February 12, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Made final updates to the Chronomatic Anomaly healer guide and added the mythic kill video.
February 11, 2017 - 12:00 am (Nighthold) - Added mythic information to Skorpyron and Chronomatic Anomaly DPS guides.