This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Garothi Worldbreaker in Antorus, the Burning Throne. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the fight as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
This fight alternates between two similar Stages, the Normal Stage and the Weapons Stage.
- If no players are in melee range of Garothi, Carnage is continually cast.
- Avoid the tank affected by Fel Bombardment.
During this Stage, you'll be fighting Garothi directly. This Stage ends when Garothi reaches 60% health (65% on Heroic) and again when he reaches 20% health (25% on Heroic).
- Garothi's two cannons have unique abilities, both may not always be active
- Searing Barrage deals light damage to the entire group.
During this Stage, you'll be fighting the weapons on Garothi's back. This Stage begins when Garothi reaches 60% health (65% on Heroic) and again when he reaches 20% health (25% on Heroic). The Stage ends when one of the weapons is destroyed.
- Garothi channels Apocalypse Drive.
- This deals moderate damage to the group while channeled.
- At least one of Garothi's cannons must be destroyed during the channel or fatal damage will be dealt to the group upon completion.
- Garothi gains a stack of Empowered for each weapon not destroyed.
- When a weapon is destroyed, its ability is no longer used in the Normal Stage.
- Run away from Garothi when Eradication is cast to mitigate damage taken.
- On Heroic, avoid the Surging Fel beam.
- Garothi's weapon's can no longer be completely destroyed and instead gain additional effects when killed.
- Luring Destruction deals heavy group-wide damage and pulls all players towards the boss before Eradication is cast.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Major Cooldowns on
- Decimation, particularly after the Decimator weapon is destroyed.
- Use Minor Cooldowns on
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Leytorrent Potion use
- Other things to watch for
- Players soaking Annihilation will need light to moderate healing, depending on how many players were soaking with them.
Debuffs to Track
- (Optional) Decimation can be tracked as an early warning of the group-wide damage that follows.
Below you'll find legendary and gear recommendations for healing Garothi Worldbreaker. Recommendations are mostly based on Mythic difficulty. Gear recommendations for classes other than Druids are largely based off the top items shown on WarcraftLogs. If your class Discord or other guide is recommending something else, let me know in a comment so I can make any necessary updates.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Garothi Worldbreaker. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point. Some settings may be Mythic only.
Heroic, Restoration Druid PoV
Below is a video of me and my guild defeating Garothi Worldbreaker on Heroic difficulty. There is no commentary, only game sounds.
Mythic, Restoration Druid PoV
Below is a video of me and my guild defeating Garothi Worldbreaker on Mythic difficulty. There is no commentary, only game sounds.
Comment on Garothi Worldbreaker, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
May 03, 2018 - 4:48 am (Aggramar) - Added mythic kill video.
March 25, 2018 - 2:26 am (The Coven of Shivarra) - Added mythic kill video.
March 01, 2018 - 12:32 am (Varimathras) - Added mythic kill video.
February 06, 2018 - 4:42 am (Kin'garoth) - Added mythic kill video and clarified some mythic information
January 15, 2018 - 11:20 pm (Healer) - Guide reviewed for 7.3.5, no changes needed.
January 15, 2018 - 3:50 am (Imonar the Soulhunter) - Added mythic kill video and clarified some mythic information.
January 15, 2018 - 3:37 am (Portal Keeper Hasabel) - Added mythic kill video and minor mythic clarifications.
January 09, 2018 - 12:24 am (Eonar the Life-Binder) - Added mythic kill video and updated some mythic information.
December 31, 2017 - 2:11 am (Aggramar) - Added gear recommendations to the healing notes.
December 30, 2017 - 11:26 pm (The Coven of Shivarra) - Added gear recommendations to the healing notes.