This page covers a healer-focused strategy for the Felhounds of Sargeras in Antorus, the Burning Throne. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the fight as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
During this fight, you'll be facing off against Sargeras' felhounds, F'harg and Shatug.
- The two felhounds share a health pool through Soul Link.
- Both felhounds will perform special abilities at 33, 66 (Heroic only), and 100 energy, both have their own energy generation rates.
- During Focusing Power, the hound's energy generation is suspended.
- If either of the felhounds are within 40-yards of each other, they'll deal 100% more damage from Sargeras' Blessing.
- The tanks will be dealing with Burning Maw.
- Avoid the Smouldering cone left behind.
- (33 energy) When affected by Desolate Gaze, move away from the group.
- If not affected, avoid the resulting Desolate Path traveling between F'harg and the affected players.
- (100 energy) When affected by Enflame Corruption, stay at least 8-yards away from other players.
- This will periodically pulse Enflamed, dealing heavy damage to affected players and anyone within 8-yards.
- (66 energy) On Heroic, players affected by Molten Touch will be stunned and take heavy damage from Singed over 9-seconds.
- If not affected, avoid the impact locations of Molten Flare.
- The tanks will be dealing with Corrupting Maw.
- Avoid the Decay cone left behind.
- (33 energy) Avoid the path of Consuming Sphere, which travels between the boss and a targeted location.
- (100 energy) When affected by Siphon Corruption, be prepared to stack with other players.
- If not affected, stack with players affected by Siphoned to help mitigate the damage taken.
- (66 energy) On Heroic, stack with players affected by Weight of Darkness to mitigate the fear effect.
- The felhounds no longer share health, but must be killed at the same time to avoid Dark Reconstitution.
- Focusing Power now afflicts players with one of two debuffs.
- Shadowtouched decreases shadow damage taken.
- Players affected by this should switch to Shatug's side.
- Players who take fire damage with this debuff trigger Shadowscar.
- This deals moderate damage to another random player and pulls that player to the affected player's location.
- Flametouched decreases fire damage taken.
- Shadowtouched decreases shadow damage taken.
- Move as far away from impact locations of Consuming Sphere as possible.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Major Cooldowns on
- Use Minor Cooldowns on
- Enflame Corruption, when F'harg reaches 100 energy.
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Leytorrent Potion use
- Other things to watch for
Debuffs to Track
- Enflamed causes players to need additional healing.
- On Heroic, Singed causes players to need heavy healing over time.
Below you'll find legendary and gear recommendations for healing Felhounds of Sargeras. Recommendations are mostly based on Mythic difficulty. Gear recommendations for classes other than Druids are largely based off the top items shown on WarcraftLogs. If your class Discord or other guide is recommending something else, let me know in a comment so I can make any necessary updates.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Felhounds of Sargeras. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point. Some settings may be Mythic only.
Heroic, Restoration Druid PoV
Below is a video of me and my guild defeating Felhounds of Sargeras on Heroic difficulty. There is no commentary, only game sounds.
Mythic, Restoration Druid PoV
Below is a video of me and my guild defeating Felhounds of Sargeras on Mythic difficulty. There is no commentary, only game sounds.
Comment on Felhounds of Sargeras, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
May 03, 2018 - 4:48 am (Aggramar) - Added mythic kill video.
March 25, 2018 - 2:26 am (The Coven of Shivarra) - Added mythic kill video.
March 01, 2018 - 12:32 am (Varimathras) - Added mythic kill video.
February 06, 2018 - 4:42 am (Kin'garoth) - Added mythic kill video and clarified some mythic information
January 15, 2018 - 11:20 pm (Healer) - Guide reviewed for 7.3.5, no changes needed.
January 15, 2018 - 3:50 am (Imonar the Soulhunter) - Added mythic kill video and clarified some mythic information.
January 15, 2018 - 3:37 am (Portal Keeper Hasabel) - Added mythic kill video and minor mythic clarifications.
January 09, 2018 - 12:24 am (Eonar the Life-Binder) - Added mythic kill video and updated some mythic information.
December 31, 2017 - 2:11 am (Aggramar) - Added gear recommendations to the healing notes.
December 30, 2017 - 11:26 pm (The Coven of Shivarra) - Added gear recommendations to the healing notes.