This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Hakkar the Soulflayer in Zul'Gurub. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- For each Priest or Priestess boss not killed, Hakkar gains additional effects and health.
- Jeklik grants Aspect of Jeklik, which deals moderate damage to all players and silences them for 5-seconds.
- Venoxis grants Aspect of Venoxis, which causes Corrupted Blood to also deal light poison damage over time.
- Mar'li grants Aspect of Mar'li, which causes the tank to be periodically stunned for 6-seconds.
- Thekal grants Aspect of Thekal, which permanently increases Hakkar's attack speed.
- Arlokk grants Aspect of Arlokk, which causes the tank to be periodically Gougeed and have their threat reset.
- The tanks will be dealing with Cause Insanity, which causes the current tank to become mind controlled but does not reset threat once the mind control is over.
- Targets random players with Corrupted Blood, which rapidly spreads to all other players within 10-yards, dealing light damage over time.
- Blood Siphon deals light damage over time to all players and heals Hakkar.
- All players should have as much Nature and Shadow Resistance as possible without sacrificing other stats.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- All players should be near full health before Blood Siphon to ensure they survive the damage from both Blood Siphon and Poisonous Blood.
Debuffs to Track
- Minor: Corrupted Blood