This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Gahz'ranka in Zul'Gurub. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Don't stand in front of the boss to avoid Frost Breath.
- Stay at least 20-yards away to avoid Gahz'ranka Slam.
- Players should try to stay in the water to avoid fall damage from Massive Geyser.
- Players generally won't make use of any additional Resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- This is not a particularly difficult fight to heal, especially if everyone avoids fall damage from Massive Geyser.
Debuffs to Track