This page covers a healer-focused strategy for The Prophet Skeram in the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- The tanks will be dealing with Earth Shock if not in melee range.
- Interrupt Arcane Explosion to prevent the damage dealt to all players within 30-yards.
- Additionally, try to be at least 30-yards away from Skeram and its copies when possible.
- Players mind controlled by True Fulfillment should be crowd controlled.
- At 75%, 50%, and 25% health, spawns two Prophet Skeram copies with Summon Images.
- The copies use the same abilities as Prophet Skeram.
- The copies always appear at full mana, which can help identify which is the real Prophet Skeram.
- Periodically switch places using Teleport.
- Players generally won't make use of any additional Resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Be aware of player positions as it's possible players will move out of range of break line of sight, depending on where you're fighting the boss.
- It's important to help crowd control players affected by True Fulfillment whenever possible as they'll deal significant damage at anyone they're attacking.
Debuffs to Track
- There are no particular debuffs to track.
Comment on The Prophet Skeram, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
July 26, 2020 - 3:43 pm (C'Thun) - Reviewed before release, no updates needed.
July 26, 2020 - 3:17 pm (Ouro) - Added Quake as the (hopefully) correct "dirt mound" ability.
July 26, 2020 - 3:03 pm (Twin Emperors) - Reviewed before release, no changes needed.
July 26, 2020 - 3:00 pm (Princess Huhuran) - Reviewed before release, no changes needed.
July 26, 2020 - 2:56 pm (Viscidus) - Reviewed before release, made minor clarifications.
July 26, 2020 - 2:51 pm (Fankriss the Unyielding) - Added clarifications about the bug tunnels and Vekniss Hatchlings.
July 26, 2020 - 2:38 pm (Battleguard Sartura) - Minor updates and clarifications.
July 26, 2020 - 2:19 am (Silithid Royalty) - Minor updates and clarifications.
July 26, 2020 - 1:24 am (The Prophet Skeram) - Guide reviewed and updated with minor clarifications.