This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Princess Huhuran in the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- The tanks will be dealing with stacks of Acid Spit.
- Stay at least 15-yards away from other players to avoid extra damage and silence effects from Noxious Poison.
- Dispel Frenzy (enrage) to remove the increased attack speed effect.
- Targets the 10 nearest players and/or pets with Wyvern Sting (dispel, poison), putting them to sleep.
- When dispelled, this deals heavy damage to the affected player. Generally, you should only dispel the current tank when they're near full health.
- At 30% health, goes Berserk, gaining increased attack speed.
- While Frenzy (enrage) or Berserk are active, Poison Bolt deals heavy damage to the 15 players closest to Huhuran.
- All players should use as much Nature Resistance as possible without sacrificing other stats.
- You'll also want 15 players with 300+ Nature Resistance to handle Poison Bolt.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Generally, you should avoid dispelling Wyvern Sting (poison). The exception is the current tank if they have enough health to survive the damage from being dispelled.
- Be prepared for the heavy healing required when Huhuran goes Berserk.
Debuffs to Track
Comment on Princess Huhuran, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
July 26, 2020 - 3:43 pm (C'Thun) - Reviewed before release, no updates needed.
July 26, 2020 - 3:17 pm (Ouro) - Added Quake as the (hopefully) correct "dirt mound" ability.
July 26, 2020 - 3:03 pm (Twin Emperors) - Reviewed before release, no changes needed.
July 26, 2020 - 3:00 pm (Princess Huhuran) - Reviewed before release, no changes needed.
July 26, 2020 - 2:56 pm (Viscidus) - Reviewed before release, made minor clarifications.
July 26, 2020 - 2:51 pm (Fankriss the Unyielding) - Added clarifications about the bug tunnels and Vekniss Hatchlings.
July 26, 2020 - 2:38 pm (Battleguard Sartura) - Minor updates and clarifications.
July 26, 2020 - 2:19 am (Silithid Royalty) - Minor updates and clarifications.
July 26, 2020 - 1:24 am (The Prophet Skeram) - Guide reviewed and updated with minor clarifications.