This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Ouro in the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Ouro alternates between being above and below ground about every 90-seconds.
- While above ground:
- The tanks will be dealing with Sweep and Sand Blast.
- While below ground:
- At 20% health, goes Berserk, gaining increased attack speed.
- Additionally, no longer goes below ground and will continually spawn Quakes and Ouro Scarabs.
- The tanks should have as much Nature Resistance as possible without sacrificing other stats.
- Other players generally won't make use of any additional Resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Keep the current tank near full health as it's likely they'll end up out of range when hit by Sweep.
- While Ouro is below ground, movement will be high, so be prepared to use any instant-cast heals or heal over time spells you have if necessary.
Debuffs to Track
- Major: Sand Blast
Comment on Ouro, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
July 26, 2020 - 3:43 pm (C'Thun) - Reviewed before release, no updates needed.
July 26, 2020 - 3:17 pm (Ouro) - Added Quake as the (hopefully) correct "dirt mound" ability.
July 26, 2020 - 3:03 pm (Twin Emperors) - Reviewed before release, no changes needed.
July 26, 2020 - 3:00 pm (Princess Huhuran) - Reviewed before release, no changes needed.
July 26, 2020 - 2:56 pm (Viscidus) - Reviewed before release, made minor clarifications.
July 26, 2020 - 2:51 pm (Fankriss the Unyielding) - Added clarifications about the bug tunnels and Vekniss Hatchlings.
July 26, 2020 - 2:38 pm (Battleguard Sartura) - Minor updates and clarifications.
July 26, 2020 - 2:19 am (Silithid Royalty) - Minor updates and clarifications.
July 26, 2020 - 1:24 am (The Prophet Skeram) - Guide reviewed and updated with minor clarifications.