This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Fankriss the Unyielding in the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- The tanks will be dealing with Mortal Wound, reducing healing received.
- Vekniss Hatchlings steadily spawn from the bug tunnels around the room.
- Targets random players with Entangle, teleporting them to one of the bug tunnels and stunning them.
- Summon Worm summons up to three Spawns of Fankriss.
- Spawn of Fankriss
- Susceptible to crowd control.
- Go Berserk after 20-seconds, gaining increased attack speed and damage dealt.
- Spawn of Fankriss
- Players generally won't make use of any additional Resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- The current tank will likely need heavy healing throughout the encounter, especially as Mortal Wound stacks grow.
- Entangled players will need healing until the Vekniss Hatchlings are killed or picked up by a tank.
Debuffs to Track
Comment on Fankriss the Unyielding, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
July 26, 2020 - 3:43 pm (C'Thun) - Reviewed before release, no updates needed.
July 26, 2020 - 3:17 pm (Ouro) - Added Quake as the (hopefully) correct "dirt mound" ability.
July 26, 2020 - 3:03 pm (Twin Emperors) - Reviewed before release, no changes needed.
July 26, 2020 - 3:00 pm (Princess Huhuran) - Reviewed before release, no changes needed.
July 26, 2020 - 2:56 pm (Viscidus) - Reviewed before release, made minor clarifications.
July 26, 2020 - 2:51 pm (Fankriss the Unyielding) - Added clarifications about the bug tunnels and Vekniss Hatchlings.
July 26, 2020 - 2:38 pm (Battleguard Sartura) - Minor updates and clarifications.
July 26, 2020 - 2:19 am (Silithid Royalty) - Minor updates and clarifications.
July 26, 2020 - 1:24 am (The Prophet Skeram) - Guide reviewed and updated with minor clarifications.