This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Battleguard Sartura in the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Sartura enters a hard enrage after 10-minutes have passed, killing all players quickly.
- Accompanied by three Sartura's Royal Guard.
- Sartura's Royal Guard
- Susceptible to stuns while not Whirlwinding.
- Use the same abilities as Sartura.
- Sartura's Royal Guard
- The tanks will be dealing with Knockback, which temporarily reduces threat.
- Stay at least 10-yards away to avoid Whirlwind.
- Don't stand in front of the boss to avoid Sundering Cleave.
- At 20% health, becomes Enraged, gaining increased attack speed and physical damage dealt.
- Players generally won't make use of any additional Resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Due to Knockback, non-tank players may end up taking excessive damage, especially early on while the Royal Guards are still alive.
- This can also cause Whirlwind to happen in less than ideal areas, dealing damage to players as they move away.
- Tanks will need significant healing when Sartura Enrages.
Debuffs to Track
- There are not particular debuffs to track.
Comment on Battleguard Sartura, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
July 26, 2020 - 3:43 pm (C'Thun) - Reviewed before release, no updates needed.
July 26, 2020 - 3:17 pm (Ouro) - Added Quake as the (hopefully) correct "dirt mound" ability.
July 26, 2020 - 3:03 pm (Twin Emperors) - Reviewed before release, no changes needed.
July 26, 2020 - 3:00 pm (Princess Huhuran) - Reviewed before release, no changes needed.
July 26, 2020 - 2:56 pm (Viscidus) - Reviewed before release, made minor clarifications.
July 26, 2020 - 2:51 pm (Fankriss the Unyielding) - Added clarifications about the bug tunnels and Vekniss Hatchlings.
July 26, 2020 - 2:38 pm (Battleguard Sartura) - Minor updates and clarifications.
July 26, 2020 - 2:19 am (Silithid Royalty) - Minor updates and clarifications.
July 26, 2020 - 1:24 am (The Prophet Skeram) - Guide reviewed and updated with minor clarifications.