This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Ossirian the Unscarred in the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Strength of Ossirian greatly increases damage dealt while active.
- Moving Ossirian over a Crystal will remove the buff for 45-seconds while also making him vulnerable to a school of magic.
- The tanks will be dealing with Enveloping Winds, which will temporarily force a tank switch depending on how it's handled.
- Stay at least 20-yards away to avoid Warstomp.
- Avoid the Sand Vortexes moving around the area.
- Dispel Curse of Tongues (curse).
- Players generally won't make use of any additional Resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Keep the tanks near full health at all times as they're the only players likely to die on this encounter.
- Depending on your mana, it could be worth DPSing the boss if you have spells in the school of magic he's currently vulnerable to.
Debuffs to Track
- Major: Curse of Tongues (dispel, curse)