This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Moam in the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Should be prevented from reaching 100% mana using mana drain abilities.
- Stay at least 10-yards away to avoid Trample.
- Approximately every 90-seconds, begins to Energize.
- Players could make use of Arcane Resistance if Arcane Eruption is being cast, however, it's always better to prevent the cast.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Depending on your class, you'll likely spend most of the encounter helping to drain Moam's mana, or be spending time in Druid forms that don't have a mana bar - anything you can do keep mana away from the boss.
Debuffs to Track
- There are no particular debuffs to track.