This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Kurinnaxx in the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Tanks will be dealing with:
- Avoid the locations of Sand Traps, being inside a trap when it explodes silences and reduces chance to hit for 20-seconds.
- At 30% health, Enrages, gaining increased attack speed and physical damage dealt.
Season of Mastery Differences
- Currently, I'm not aware of any differences.
- Players generally won't make use of any additional Resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- The current tank will need significant healing through this encounter, especially below 30% when the boss Enrages.
Debuffs to Track
- Major: Mortal Wound
Comment on Kurinnaxx, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
April 04, 2022 - 3:44 pm (Kurinnaxx) - Updated Mortal Wound spell ID and Enrage spell ID.
July 26, 2020 - 5:46 pm (Ossirian the Unscarred) - Reviewed before release, made minor clarifications.
July 26, 2020 - 5:23 pm (Ayamiss the Hunter) - Reviewed before release, made minor clarifications.
July 26, 2020 - 4:14 pm (Buru the Gorger) - Reviewed before release, no changes needed.
July 26, 2020 - 4:10 pm (General Rajaxx) - Clarified the importance of Andorov.
July 26, 2020 - 4:10 pm (Moam) - Reviewed before release, minor clarifications added.
July 26, 2020 - 3:52 pm (Kurinnaxx) - Reviewed before release, no updates needed.