This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Buru the Gorger in the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Stage One - Buru's Eggs
This stage begins the encounter and ends when Buru reaches 20% health.
- Buru cannot be damaged directly. Instead, Buru Eggs must be killed while he's on top of them.
- Fixates on random players, steadily gaining movement speed from Full Speed.
- Being hit while fixated causes heavy damage and moderate damage over time from Dismember.
- Deals damage to attacking players with Thorns.
Stage Two - Broken Carapace
This stages begins when Buru reaches 20% health and ends when he's killed.
- Buru can now be damaged directly.
- No longer fixates players and can be tanked normally.
- The tanks will be dealing with Dismember.
- Deals steadily increasing damage over time to all players with Creeping Plague.
- All players should use as much Nature Resistance as possible without sacrificing other stats.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Try to conserve as much mana as possible to survive stage two as long as possible.
Debuffs to Track
- Major: Dismember