This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Gluth in Naxxramas. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
During this encounter, players will fight against Thaddius' minions before engaging him directly.
Stage One - Stalagg and Feugen
This stage begins the encounter and ends when Stalagg and Feugen are killed.
- Stalagg and Feugen are on the platforms to the left and right in the room. Stalagg on the left, Feugen on the right.
- Shared Abilities
- Magnetic Pull teleports the current tanks to the opposite platform, resetting threat.
- Stay at least 15-yards away to avoid War Stomp.
- Must be kept within range of their respective Tesla Coils at the back of each platform to prevent Chain Lightning from being cast, dealing critical damage to nearby players.
- Must be killed within 5-seconds of each other to avoid being resurrected.
- Greatly increases attack speed with Power Surge.
- Stay at least 30-yards away to avoid the mana drain effect from Static Field
Stage Two - Thaddius
This stage begins after Stalagg and Feugen are killed, and ends when Thaddius is killed.
- After Stalagg and Feugen are killed, players must make a short jump to the back platform that Thaddius is on.
- Every 30-seconds, Polarity Shift assigns Negative Charge or Positive Charge to all players.
- Deals moderate chaining damage to players with Chain Lightning.
- If no players are in melee range, Ball Lightning deals critical damage to all players.
- After 5-minutes, Enrages, gaining increased attack speed and physical damage dealt.
- All players should use as much Nature Resistance as possible without sacrificing other stats.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Keep players near full health so they can survive Chain Lightning.
- Keep the tanks near full health before Polarity Shift so they can survive the possibility of all healers needing to move.
Debuffs to Track
- There are no particular debuffs to track.