This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Sapphiron in Naxxramas. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Immune to frost spells.
- Alternates between being on the ground and in the air.
- While on the ground:
- Sapphiron initially spends ~45-seconds on the ground, then ~60-seconds each subsequent time.
- Don't stand in front to avoid Cleave.
- Don't stand behind to avoid Tail Sweep.
- Avoid the Chill patches as they move around the room.
- Dispel Life Drain (curse) quickly to minimize the healing done.
- Deals moderate damage over time to all players with Frost Aura.
- While in the air:
- After 5-minutes, Enragee, gaining increased attack speed and physical damage dealt, as well as greatly increasing the damage dealt by Frost Aura.
- All players should be as close to 315 Frost Resistance as possible, without sacrificing too many other stats where they become ineffective in their role.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- The healing required during this encounter is nearly endless, and mana management will be important as well as avoiding overhealing.
- It's very important that Life Drain (dispel, curse) is dispelled quickly to prevent the fight from going on any longer than it has to.
Debuffs to Track
- Major: Life Drain (dispel, curse)