This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Maexxna in Naxxramas. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Dispel Necrotic Poison (poison) quickly to remove the reduced healing received effect.
- Stay at least 15-yards away from the boss to avoid Poison Shock.
- Targets three random players with Web Wrap, knocking them backwards to the wall and dealing light damage over time until the Web Wrap is killed.
- Every 40-seconds, deals moderate damage to all players and stuns them with Web Spray.
- Every 40-seconds, spawns Maexnna Spiderlings, which should be killed quickly.
- At 30% health, Enrages, gaining increased attack speed and physical damage dealt.
- Melee players should use as much Nature Resistance as possible without sacrificing other stats.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Players hit by Web Wrap may be knocked out of range, be prepared to heal them as-needed.
- Make sure the tanks are at full health before Web Spray and have any available heal over time effects active on them.