This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Loatheb in Naxxramas. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Applies Corrupted Mind to all players for the duration of the encounter, allowing only one healing or dispelling spell to be cast every 60-seconds.
- Stay at least 10-yards away to avoid Poison Aura (dispel, poison).
- After 2-minutes in combat, deals moderate damage to all players every 30-seconds with Inevitable Doom.
- After 5-minutes in combat, this increases to every 15-seconds.
- Persistently removes all curse effects from itself with Remove Curse.
- Spawns Spores around the room throughout the encounter.
- Upon death, up to 5 players standing near the Spore will gain Fungal Bloom, greatly increasing spell and melee critical strike chance and stopping threat generation.
- Players generally won't make use of any additional resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- This encounter forces all healing activity to be very well calculated because of Corrupted Mind. Chances are you'll want to setup a rotation for healing the tanks while leaving DPS to use their own healing items and abilities to keep themselves alive.
- Helping DPS the boss will also be required, especially while you're healing spells are on cooldown.
Debuffs to Track
- Minor: Poison Aura (dispel, poison)