This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Heigan the Unclean in Naxxramas. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
During this encounter, players will be alternating between the two stages.
Stage One - Eyes on Heigan
This stage lasts for 90-seconds.
- Stay at least 25-yards away to avoid Mana Burn.
- Periodically teleports three players to the far end of the Eye Stalk room.
- The players must make it back to Heigan's room before stage two, at which point the Eye Stalk room is filled with Plague Cloud, killing any players that remain.
- Eye Stalks randomly spawn in the small slime pools.
- Eye Stalk
- Targets random players with Mind Flay, dealing light damage over time and slowing movement speed.
- Eye Stalk
- Diseased Maggots and Rotting Maggots litter the room, dealing light to moderate melee damage.
Stage Two - The Unclean
This stage lasts for 45-seconds.
- Heigan teleports to the short platform and begins channeling Eruption.
- Stay at least 20-yards away to avoid Decrepit Fever (dispel, disease).
- For the duration of this stage, players must move across the room to avoid the Eruption locations.
- The room is divided into four quadrants, with quadrant one by the entrance and quadrant four by the Eye Stalk room.
- The safe quadrants always follow the same pattern: 1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, repeat.
- Players generally won't make use of any additional resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Be prepared to dispel players quickly if they're hit by Decrepit Fever (dispel, disease).
- Healing generally won't be too intense on this fight as the main mechanic, Eruption, relies on each player moving correctly on their own.