This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Anub'Rekhan in Naxxramas. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Accompanied by two Crypt Guards.
- Avoid the path in front of the boss when it turns to cast Impale. Players hit will be knocked in the air and take fall damage.
- During Locust Swarm, stay at least 30-yards away from the boss to avoid the stacking damage over time and pacification effect from Locust Swarm.
- This spawns a new Crypt Guard.
- Summons 5-10 Corpse Scarabs from Crypt Guards and players when they die.
- All players should use as much Nature Resistance as possible without sacrificing other stats.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Be prepared to heal the tank through stacks of Locust Swarm.