This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Magmadar in Molten Core. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Avoid the impact locations of Lava Bomb.
- Dispel Frenzy (enrage) to remove the increased attack speed effect.
- If no dispel is available, the tank should use a defensive cooldown to survive the 8-seconds.
- Melee will gain stacks of Magma Spit through out the fight, dealing light to moderate damage over time.
- Stay at least 40-yards away to avoid Panic.
- Be sure the tanks and melee still have healers in range of them.
- Tanks: ~100-200 Fire Resistance
- Melee: ~100-200 Fire Resistance
- Ranged/Healers generally won't make use of any additional Resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Keep the tanks near full health so they survive Frenzy before it's dispelled.
- Keep healing over time effects on melee when you can to help keep their health stable.
Debuffs to Track
Comment on Magmadar, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
October 08, 2019 - 6:17 pm (Magmadar) - Added DBM settings.
October 08, 2019 - 6:14 pm (Gehennas) - Added DBM settings.
October 08, 2019 - 6:11 pm (Garr) - Added DBM settings.
October 08, 2019 - 6:07 pm (Baron Geddon) - Added DBM settings.
October 08, 2019 - 6:05 pm (Shazzrah) - Added DBM settings.
October 08, 2019 - 5:46 pm (Sulfuron Harbinger) - Added DBM settings.
October 07, 2019 - 2:42 pm (Majordomo Executus) - Added DBM settings.
October 04, 2019 - 6:57 pm (Ragnaros) - Added DBM settings.
September 23, 2019 - 4:53 pm (Magmadar) - Added resistance recommendations.
September 23, 2019 - 4:50 pm (Gehennas) - Added resistance recommendations.