This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Lucifron in Molten Core. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Accompanied by two Flamewaker Protectors.
- Dispel Impending Doom (magic) to prevent the heavy damage dealt if the effect expires.
- Alternatively, the damage can be mitigated by Shadow Resistance buffs or removed with items like Restorative Potion.
- Dispel Lucifron's Curse (curse) to remove the increased ability cost effect.
- You stand more than 40-yards away from Lucifron to avoid this effect, just be sure the tanks are still being healed.
- Stay at least 20-yards away to avoid Shadow Shock.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Don't cast any spells when affected by Lucifron's Curse (dispel, curse), unless you can dispel yourself.
- Be prepared to dispel player-applied debuffs after Dominate Mind is Purged.
- Be prepared to heal melee DPS being hit by Shadow Shock.
Debuffs to Track
- Major: Lucifron's Curse (dispel, curse), Impending Doom (dispel, magic)
- Buffs to Purge: Dominate Mind
I'm currently working out which addons will be relevant in Classic. I may add DBM settings here as usual, even if they won't entirely be required.