This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Golemagg the Incinerator in Molten Core. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Accompanied by two Core Ragers.
- Applies Magma Splash to melee attackers.
- This will eventually force a tank swap.
- Melee DPS may also need to stop attacking if their stacks get too high.
- Fire Resistance gear, items, and buffs can help mitigate the damage over time effect.
- Targets random players with Pyroblast, dealing heavy damage and moderate damage over time.
- All players should have as much Fire Resistance as possible without sacrificing their other stats.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Tanks will be taking significant damage throughout the encounter.
- Keep players near full health so they don't die to Pyroblast.
Debuffs to Track
Comment on Golemagg the Incinerator, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
October 08, 2019 - 6:17 pm (Magmadar) - Added DBM settings.
October 08, 2019 - 6:14 pm (Gehennas) - Added DBM settings.
October 08, 2019 - 6:11 pm (Garr) - Added DBM settings.
October 08, 2019 - 6:07 pm (Baron Geddon) - Added DBM settings.
October 08, 2019 - 6:05 pm (Shazzrah) - Added DBM settings.
October 08, 2019 - 5:46 pm (Sulfuron Harbinger) - Added DBM settings.
October 07, 2019 - 2:42 pm (Majordomo Executus) - Added DBM settings.
October 04, 2019 - 6:57 pm (Ragnaros) - Added DBM settings.
September 23, 2019 - 4:53 pm (Magmadar) - Added resistance recommendations.
September 23, 2019 - 4:50 pm (Gehennas) - Added resistance recommendations.