This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Garr in Molten Core. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- Accompanied by eight Firesworn.
- Are susceptible to Banish from Warlocks.
- Dispel Immolate (magic) to prevent the light damage over time.
- Upon death, Eruption deals heavy damage to players within 15-yards.
- Must be kept within 20-yards of Garr to avoid gaining Separation Anxiety, increasing damage dealt and granting immunity to Banish.
- Removes beneficial magic effects from players using Antimagic Pulse.
- Applies Magma Shackles (dispel, magic) to players, reducing movement speed.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- The tank with the Firesworn will take significant damage until most of them are killed, in addition to taking the damage from each Eruption.
- Be aware of Antimagic Pulse removing buffs and heal over time effects.
- While Magma Shackles (dispel, magic) can be dispelled, it's generally not worth the mana to do so in most cases.
Debuffs to Track
- Minor: Immolate (dispel, magic)
I'm currently working out which addons will be relevant in Classic. I may add DBM settings here as usual, even if they won't entirely be required.