This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Baron Geddon in Molten Core. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- When affected by Living Bomb, move at least 18-yards away from other players, ideally to an area of the cavern with a low ceiling to minimize fall damage.
- During Inferno, the boss is rooted in place and all players must move at least 10-yards away to avoid the heavy damage over time.
- Dispel Ignite Mana (magic) to prevent the mana drain effect.
- This can also be removed with items like Restorative Potion.
- At 2% health, channels Armageddon for 8-seconds. If the boss isn't killed before the channel ends, all players are killed.
- All players should have as much Fire Resistance as possible without sacrificing their other stats.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Healers should have priority dispel on Ignite Mana (dispel, magic).
Debuffs to Track
- Major: Ignite Mana (dispel, magic)
Comment on Baron Geddon, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
October 08, 2019 - 6:17 pm (Magmadar) - Added DBM settings.
October 08, 2019 - 6:14 pm (Gehennas) - Added DBM settings.
October 08, 2019 - 6:11 pm (Garr) - Added DBM settings.
October 08, 2019 - 6:07 pm (Baron Geddon) - Added DBM settings.
October 08, 2019 - 6:05 pm (Shazzrah) - Added DBM settings.
October 08, 2019 - 5:46 pm (Sulfuron Harbinger) - Added DBM settings.
October 07, 2019 - 2:42 pm (Majordomo Executus) - Added DBM settings.
October 04, 2019 - 6:57 pm (Ragnaros) - Added DBM settings.
September 23, 2019 - 4:53 pm (Magmadar) - Added resistance recommendations.
September 23, 2019 - 4:50 pm (Gehennas) - Added resistance recommendations.