This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Ebonroc in Blackwing Lair. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- The tanks will be dealing with Wing Buffet, which causes a threat drop.
- The tanks will also be dealing with Shadow of Ebonroc, which will force a tank switch to prevent the boss from healing.
- Deals extra damage to the tanks with Thrash.
- Don't stand in front of the boss to avoid Shadow Flame
- Tanks should have as much Fire Resistance as possible without sacrificing other stats, as well as use Onyxia Scale Cloak.
- Melee and Ranged/Healers generally won't make use of any additional Resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- The tanks will be taking heavy damage throughout the encounter but otherwise it shouldn't be very healing intensive.
Debuffs to Track
- Major: Shadow Flame