This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Broodlord Lashlayer in Blackwing Lair. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
- The tanks will be dealing with Knock Away, which reduces threat, and Mortal Strike.
- Don't stand in front of the boss to avoid Cleave.
- Stay at least 20-yards away to avoid Blast Wave.
- Depending on players' positioning, it's likely Corrupted Whelps from the gauntlet before the boss will respawn and join the encounter.
- Tanks should have as much Fire Resistance as possible without sacrificing other stats.
- Melee: ~200 Fire Resistance (if not moving out for Blast Wave)
- Ranged/Healers generally won't make use of any additional Resistances on this encounter.
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Tanks will be taking significant damage when tanking Broodlord.
- Make sure the current tank is near full health before Mortal Strike.
- Be aware of your threat level following Knock Away as it greatly reduces the tank's threat. Ideally, another tank will be second on the list to take over, but this may not always happen near the end of the encounter.
Debuffs to Track
- Major: Mortal Strike