This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Zul, Reborn in Uldir. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the fight as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
This is a two-stage figure, during which players will be fighting against Zul and his minions.
Stage One - The Forces of Blood
This stage begins the encounter and ends when Zul is at 40% health.
- When affected by Dark Revelation, move as far away from the group as possible to minimize the damage dealt.
- Targets random players with Shadow Barrage, dealing moderate damage and then light damage over time.
- Summons Forces of Blood throughout the stage (three adds are also present at the start of the encounter).
- Nazmani Crusher
- Nazmani Bloodhexer
- Congeal Blood creates an Animated Ichor.
- Interrupt Bloodshard to prevent the lowest health player from taking moderate damage.
- On Heroic, if two Bloodhexers come with in 20-yards of each other, Sanguine Presence heals all enemies for 10% of their maximum health every 2-seconds.
- Bloodthirsty Crawg
- On Heroic, at least one player should stand in the Pool of Darkness to prevent Erupting Darkness dealing damage to the entire group.
- Players in the Pool will be affected by Absorbed in Darkness.
Stage Two - Spreading Pandemic
This stage begins when Zul reaches 40% health and ends when he reaches 0% health.
- Don't be near the edge of the platform as this stage begins to avoid being knocked off the platform.
- All players will be taking steadily increasing damage from Corrupted Blood.
- The tanks will be dealing with stacks of Rupturing Blood.
- Avoid the Ruptured Blood pools being dropped by the tanks as their stacks expire.
- Random players will be affected by Deathwish (dispel, magic), forcing them to move towards the edge of the platform.
- When this is dispelled or if the player jumps off the edge, the group takes moderate to critical damage depending how close the affected player is to the group.
- Dispelling causes a set of Minion of Zul to spawn, these function the same as in stage one.
- On Heroic, Pool of Darkness continues in this stage.
Stage One - The Forces of Blood
- Forces of Blood cannot be permanently killed unless they're affected by Decaying Flesh.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Major Cooldowns
- Use Minor Cooldowns
- as-needed throughout the fight, there are several abilities that can go wrong quickly
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Potion of Replenishment use
- After Deathwish in stage two
- Other things to watch for
Debuffs to Track
- Deathwish (magic) should be dispelled in a controlled manner.
- Absorbed in Darkness causes players to need moderate healing over time.
- Shadow Barrage
- Pit of Despair (curse) should be dispelled.
- (Optional) Corrupted Blood causes players to need steadily increasing healing over time.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Zul, Reborn in Uldir. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point. Some settings may be Mythic only.
Heroic, Restoration Druid PoV
Below is a video of me and my guild killing Zul on Heroic difficulty.
Comment on Zul, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
November 15, 2018 - 8:18 pm (Mythrax the Unraveler) - Updated Vision of Madness to no longer state that they're stunnable.
October 01, 2018 - 12:55 pm (MOTHER) - Added mythic kill video.
September 19, 2018 - 2:19 pm (Taloc) - Added mythic kill video.
September 19, 2018 - 1:03 pm (Mythrax the Unraveler) - Added heroic kill video.
September 14, 2018 - 11:07 pm (Mythrax the Unraveler) - Minor ability updates and clarifications.
September 14, 2018 - 11:03 pm (Zul, Reborn) - Minor ability updates and clarifications.
September 14, 2018 - 10:22 pm (Zul, Reborn) - Added heroic kill video.
September 14, 2018 - 3:17 pm (Zek'voz, Herald of N'zoth) - Added heroic kill video.
September 11, 2018 - 4:09 pm (Vectis) - Added heroic kill video.
September 10, 2018 - 7:11 pm (Fetid Devourer) - Added heroic kill video.