This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Taloc in Uldir. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the fight as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
This is a two stage fight, during which players will be fighting Taloc directly and then his blood-fuel remnants.
Stage One - The Corrupted Construct
This stage starts the encounter and ends when Taloc reaches 35% health. It will begin again following Stage Two and ends when Taloc reaches 0% health.
- When affected by Plasma Discharge, move away from the group to drop the resulting Blood Storm.
- Avoid the the tank affected by Cudgel of Gore, they will be aiming this to absorb Blood Storms.
- Afterwards, don't stand between Taloc and the Cudgel to avoid Retrieve Cudgel.
- Don't stand in front of Taloc when he turns and casts Sanguine Static.
- The second time Stage One begins, Volatile Droplets continue to spawn from Stage Two.
Stage Two - Ruin's Descent
This stage starts when Taloc reaches 35% health and ends when the elevator reaches the bottom, after which stage one begins again.
- During this stage, Taloc is Powered Down and takes 99% less damage.
- Coalesced Blood leave behind Blood Storms as they move.
- Volatile Droplet Fixate on random players and trigger Combustible Fuel if they reach their target.
- On Heroic, avoid the Uldir Defensive Beams along the walls of the elevator shaft.
Stage One - The Corrupted Construct
- When affected by Hardened Arteries, move at least 8-yards away from other players.
- Stack with the tank affected by Enlarged Heart to help split the damage.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Major Cooldowns on
- Use Minor Cooldowns on
- Enlarged Heart (Mythic)
- As-needed in Stage Two
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Potion of Replenishment use
- After Retrieve Cudgel
- Other things to watch for
- Players affected by Hardened Arteries (Mythic)
Debuffs to Track
- Plasma Discharge causes players to need additional healing.
- Hardened Arteries, causes players to need heavy healing.
- Enlarged Heart, causes the affected player and those nearby to need moderate healing.
- Fixate, may cause affected players to need additional healing.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Taloc. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point. Some settings may be Mythic only.
Mythic, Restoration Druid PoV
Below is a video of me and my guild killing Taloc on Mythic difficulty.
Heroic, Restoration Druid PoV
Below is a video of me and my guild killing Taloc on Heroic difficulty.
Comment on Taloc, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
November 15, 2018 - 8:18 pm (Mythrax the Unraveler) - Updated Vision of Madness to no longer state that they're stunnable.
October 01, 2018 - 12:55 pm (MOTHER) - Added mythic kill video.
September 19, 2018 - 2:19 pm (Taloc) - Added mythic kill video.
September 19, 2018 - 1:03 pm (Mythrax the Unraveler) - Added heroic kill video.
September 14, 2018 - 11:07 pm (Mythrax the Unraveler) - Minor ability updates and clarifications.
September 14, 2018 - 11:03 pm (Zul, Reborn) - Minor ability updates and clarifications.
September 14, 2018 - 10:22 pm (Zul, Reborn) - Added heroic kill video.
September 14, 2018 - 3:17 pm (Zek'voz, Herald of N'zoth) - Added heroic kill video.
September 11, 2018 - 4:09 pm (Vectis) - Added heroic kill video.
September 10, 2018 - 7:11 pm (Fetid Devourer) - Added heroic kill video.