This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Fetid Devourer in Uldir. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the fight as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
- The tanks will be dealing with Thrashing Terror, with every fourth attack triggering Terrible Thrash on the player closest to the tank. Ideally, this will be the the second tank.
- At 100% energy, avoid the Rotting Regurgitation cone as the boss turns to cast it towards a random player.
- Corruption Corpuscles will periodically spawn in the alcoves around the room.
- Players affected by Malodorous Miasma will need light healing over time.
- On Heroic, Shockwave Stomp deals moderate damage to the group and knocks players back a large distance.
- At 50% health, Fetid Frenzy increases the bosses' damage dealt and damage taken.
- When affected by Malodorous Miasma and Putrid Paroxysm, move away from other players to prevent spreading the effects.
- One of the Corruption Corpuscles will instead be a Mutated Mass.
- These have more health and cast Enticing Essence more slowly.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Major Cooldowns
- Use Minor Cooldowns
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Potion of Replenishment use
- After Rotting Regurgitation
- Other things to watch for
Debuffs to Track
- Putrid Paroxysm, causes players to need heavy healing over time.
- Malodorous Miasma, causes players to need light healing over time.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Fetid Devourer. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point. Some settings may be Mythic only.
Heroic, Restoration Druid PoV
Below is a video of me and my guild killing Fetid Devourer on Heroic difficulty.
Comment on Fetid Devourer, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
September 19, 2018 - 2:19 pm (Taloc) - Added mythic kill video.
September 19, 2018 - 1:03 pm (Mythrax the Unraveler) - Added heroic kill video.
September 14, 2018 - 11:07 pm (Mythrax the Unraveler) - Minor ability updates and clarifications.
September 14, 2018 - 11:03 pm (Zul, Reborn) - Minor ability updates and clarifications.
September 14, 2018 - 10:22 pm (Zul, Reborn) - Added heroic kill video.
September 14, 2018 - 3:17 pm (Zek'voz, Herald of N'zoth) - Added heroic kill video.
September 11, 2018 - 4:09 pm (Vectis) - Added heroic kill video.
September 10, 2018 - 7:11 pm (Fetid Devourer) - Added heroic kill video.
September 08, 2018 - 11:36 pm (MOTHER) - Added heroic kill video.
September 08, 2018 - 1:01 pm (Taloc) - Added heroic kill video.