This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Radiance of Azshara in The Eternal Palace. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
During this encounter players will be contending with Radiance's alternating elemental stages.
Rising Fury Stage
This stage begins the encounter and restarts following the Raging Storm Stage after the Stormwraith is killed, it ends when Radiance of Azshara reaches ~90% mana.
- The tanks will be dealing with Tide Fist which forces a tank switch.
- Targets random players with Arcanado Burst.
- Avoid the Arcanadoes as they radiate out from their start location
- When affected by Arcane Bomb (dispel, magic), move as far away from other players as possible.
- This should be dispelled in a controlled manner before the Bomb detonates
- If the Bomb is dispelled before it detonates, avoid the Bomb on the ground.
- Unshackled Power deals heavy damage to all players.
- Avoid the Radiant Fury pool around the boss in the center of the room and around the outside of the platform.
Raging Storm Stage
This stage begins when Radiance of Azshara reaches ~90% mana and ends when the Stormwraith is killed.
- Avoid the lines of Squall Traps that divide the platform into quarters.
- These can be triggered if absolutely necessary and will spawn an Arcanado.
- Ancient Tempest spawns a Stormwraith at a random location on the platform, in the Eye of the Storm, and makes the Radiance of Azshara immune to damage.
- While outside of the Eye of the Storm near the Stormwraith, players take steadily increasing damage over time.
- Vision and spell range are limited.
- All enemies must be kept in the Eye of the Storm to avoid the reduced damage taken and healing over time from Swirling Winds.
- Continually spawn.
- Target random players with [Chain Lightning].
- Arcane Bomb (dispel, magic) and Radiant Fury are still present during this stage.
- There are no ability differences on Mythic difficulty.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Major Cooldowns on
- Use Minor Cooldowns
- as-needed at the start of the Raging Storm Stage
- Gale Buffet
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Potion of Replenishment use
- during the Raging Storm Stage, after a Gale Buffet
- Other things to watch for
- Players that get knocked into the Radiant Fury waters.
Debuffs to Track
- Arcane Bomb (dispel, magic) needs to be dispelled in a controlled manner, or causes players to need additional healing.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Radiance of Azshara. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point. Some settings may be Mythic only.
Comment on Radiance of Azshara, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
July 10, 2019 - 2:15 pm (Queen Azshara) - Ability and mechanic clarifications across all stages.
July 10, 2019 - 1:03 pm (Za'qul, Harbinger of Ny'alotha) - Made clarifications to several spells and overall mechanics, especially in stage four.
July 09, 2019 - 9:28 pm (The Queen's Court) - Minor ability clarification.
July 09, 2019 - 1:48 pm (Queen Azshara) - Added DBM settings.
July 09, 2019 - 12:33 pm (Za'qul, Harbinger of Ny'alotha) - Added DBM settings.
July 08, 2019 - 11:04 pm (The Queen's Court) - Added DBM settings.
July 08, 2019 - 6:01 pm (Orgozoa) - Added DBM settings.
July 08, 2019 - 5:49 pm (Lady Ashvane) - Added DBM settings.
July 08, 2019 - 5:27 pm (Blackwater Behemoth) - Added DBM settings.
July 08, 2019 - 5:07 pm (Radiance of Azshara) - Added DBM settings.