This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Blackwater Behemoth in The Eternal Palace. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
During this encounter players will be pursuing the Behemoth to deeper and deeper platforms, consisting of alternating platform and intermission stages.
- Before beginning the encounter, click on the Oxygen-Rich Membrane to gain underwater breathing and increased swim speed.
- Darkest Depths reduces all healing received by 100%.
- Tanks will be affected by Radiant Biomass, dealing light damage over time but allowing them to be healed as normal.
- Tanks will be dealing with Feeding Frenzy and should switch to keep stacks at a manageable level.
- Targets random players with Toxic Spines, dealing light damage over time.
- Stay at least 5-yards away from other players to avoid triggering Bioelectric Feelers.
- During Shock Pulse, move as far away from the boss as possible to reduce the damage taken without being pushed off the platform.
- When not engaged in melee combat, Bioelectric Discharge deals critical damage to all players.
- At 100% Energy, moves to a new platform and begins casting Cavitation, dealing critical damage to all players unless interrupted.
- Before switching platforms, let Bioluminescence expire to avoid being killed by Gaze from Below.
- Use Slipstreams to move between platforms quickly.
- Avoid Darkwater Jellyfish and their Glowing Stinger stun.
- Stand between the boss and the player affected by Piercing Barb to split the damage.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Major Cooldowns on
- Use Minor Cooldowns
- if Bioelectric Feelers are triggered on too many players
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Potion of Replenishment use
- after gaining Bioluminescence on a new platform
- Other things to watch for
- Players missing Bioluminescence as they may need external defensive cooldowns to survive.
Debuffs to Track
- Darkest Depths causes players to not receive any healing.
- Alternatively, you could track Bioluminescence to know which players can be healed.
- Toxic Spine causes players to need additional healing.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Blackwater Behemoth. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point. Some settings may be Mythic only.
Comment on Blackwater Behemoth, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
July 10, 2019 - 2:15 pm (Queen Azshara) - Ability and mechanic clarifications across all stages.
July 10, 2019 - 1:03 pm (Za'qul, Harbinger of Ny'alotha) - Made clarifications to several spells and overall mechanics, especially in stage four.
July 09, 2019 - 9:28 pm (The Queen's Court) - Minor ability clarification.
July 09, 2019 - 1:48 pm (Queen Azshara) - Added DBM settings.
July 09, 2019 - 12:33 pm (Za'qul, Harbinger of Ny'alotha) - Added DBM settings.
July 08, 2019 - 11:04 pm (The Queen's Court) - Added DBM settings.
July 08, 2019 - 6:01 pm (Orgozoa) - Added DBM settings.
July 08, 2019 - 5:49 pm (Lady Ashvane) - Added DBM settings.
July 08, 2019 - 5:27 pm (Blackwater Behemoth) - Added DBM settings.
July 08, 2019 - 5:07 pm (Radiance of Azshara) - Added DBM settings.