This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Il'gynoth, Corruption Reborn in Ny'alotha, the Waking City. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter, logs information, and Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
During this encounter players will alternate between fighting Il'gynoth's body and his Organs of Corruption, until all three Organs are killed.
Stage One - The Corruptor, Reborn
This stage begins the encounter and ends when Il'gynoth's body reaches 0% health. It begins again when an Organ is killed in stage two. After all three organs are killed, this stage will end for the final time when Il'gynoth is killed.
- Don't stand in front of the boss to avoid Eye of N'zoth.
- When fixated by Corruptor's Gaze, lead the beam away from other players to drop the trail of Morass of Corruption pools.
- Previously killed Organs of Corruption will continuously spawn Blood of Ny'alotha.
- Organs killed in stage two will continue to spawn Blood of Ny'alotha during this stage.
- On Heroic, players affected by Touch of the Corruptor become hostile and move towards unaffected players, touching them afflicts the player with Touch of the Corruptor as well.
- Affected players are susceptible to crowd control and must be damaged to 30% health to break the effect.
Stage Two - The Organs of Corruption
This stage begins when Il'gynoth's body reaches 0% health and ends when an Organ is killed, at which point stage one begins again.
- Players affected by Cursed Blood take light damage over time and then a burst of heavy damage when the effect expires.
- Organs of Corruption
- Three Organs appear in separate alcoves on the outside wall of the room.
- When one Organ is killed, all other Organs are healed to full health.
- Interrupt Pumping Blood to decrease the rate the Organ gains energy.
- At 100% energy, a Blood of Ny'alotha is spawned.
- The way Cursed Blood (dispel, magic) works has changed, and it's now present for the entire encounter.
Stage Two - The Organs of Corruption
- A Clotted Corruption spawns.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Major Cooldowns
- when killing several Blood of Ny'alotha at once
- Use Minor Cooldowns
- on Cursed Blood
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- killing Blood of Ny'alotha
- Potion of Replenishment use
- when restarting stage one
- Other things to watch for
- There are a lot of mechanics that force players to spread or move away from the group, which could lead to range issues when healing.
- The overall healing requirement will increase each time you enter stage one as more Blood of Ny'alotha are present.
Debuffs to Track
- Cursed Blood deals heavy damage when it expires, affected players should be near full health.
- On Mythic, Cursed Blood (dispel, magic) grows and shrinks in power and should be dispelled at its lowest power.
- Recurring Nightmare (dispel, magic) causes players to need additional healing.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Il'gynoth, Corruption Reborn. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point. Some settings may be Mythic only.
Comment on Il'gynoth, Corruption Reborn, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
January 24, 2020 - 10:59 am (N'zoth the Corruptor) - Added DBM settings.
January 24, 2020 - 10:40 am (Carapace of N'zoth) - Added DBM settings.
January 21, 2020 - 2:38 pm (Il'gynoth, Corruption Reborn) - Added DBM settings.
January 21, 2020 - 2:32 pm (Ra-den the Despoiled) - Added DBM settings.
January 21, 2020 - 2:17 pm (Vexiona) - Added DBM settings.
January 21, 2020 - 2:04 pm (Drest'agath) - Added DBM settings.
January 21, 2020 - 1:52 pm (Shad'har the Insatiable) - Added DBM settings.
January 21, 2020 - 1:44 pm (The Hivemind) - Added DBM settings.
January 21, 2020 - 1:35 pm (Dark Inquisitor Xanesh) - Added DBM settings.
January 21, 2020 - 1:20 pm (The Prophet Skitra) - Added DBM settings.