This page covers a healer-focused strategy for High Tinker Mekkatorque in Battle of Dazar'alor. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
This is a multi-stage encounter during which players will be fighting Mekkatorque and his robotic creations.
This is a "flashback" encounter for Alliance players, meaning they'll be completing it as Horde races.
Stage One - For Gnomeregan!
This stage beings the encounter and ends when Mekkatorque reaches 40% health.
- The tanks will be dealing with Electroshock Strikes.
- Each attack against the same tank applies a stack of Electroshock Amplification, switching tanks resets the effect.
- Avoid the Buster Cannon orb path when the boss turns and shoots it towards a random player.
- Avoid the Blast Off location and the subsequent impact location of Crash Down.
- This deals a moderate amount of unavoidable damage to the all players.
- When affected by Gigavolt Charge, break line of sight on the group to minimize the number of players hit by Gigavolt Blast.
- Spark Bots periodically join the fight.
- Essentially immune to damage due to Gnomish Force Shield.
- Avoid the Shock Pulses the Bots emit.
- Players affected by Shrunk can right-click on Spark Bot to tamper with it.
- Players tampering with a Spark Bot have an Vehicle Action Bar and must press the correct shutdown sequence button three times in a row.
- Seeing shutdown sequences:
- On Normal, only players that are not tampering with a Spark Bot can see the proper shutdown sequence, displayed as runes above the Bots, and must communicate it to the proper players.
- On Heroic, only players currently tampering with a Spark Bot can see shutdown sequence for other Spark Bots.
- After one minute, or after inputting three incorrect shutdown codes, Anti-Tampering Protocol stuns the players and deals heavy damage over time through Anti-Tampering Shock.
- Avoid players affected by Shrunk as they can be Trampled.
- On Heroic, Wormhole Generator periodically teleports all players to another player's location.
Stage Two - Evasive Maneuvers!
This stage begins when Mekkatorque reaches 40% health, what causes it to end isn't clear, but I'll update it as soon as I have more information.
- Mekkatorque takes to the sky and assaults players from afar.
- Gigavolt Charge and Shrunk continue during this stage.
- Stay at least 8-yards away from Explosive Sheep and avoid the Sheep Shrapnel orbs as they shoot out across the room.
Stage Three - Hyperdrive!
This stage begins after Mekkatorque lands and ends once he's killed.
- This stage is identical to stage one, with some additions.
- Hyperdrive increases Mekkatorque's haste and deals light damage to random players.
- On Heroic, additional Spark Bots are deployed.
Stage One - For Gnomeregan
- Avoid the Gigavolt Radiation zones left behind by Gigavolt Charge.
- Wormhole Generator now triggers additional effects.
- Spark Bots now reflect damage with Spark Shield.
- In addition to players being Shrunk, one player will become Enormous.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Major Cooldowns on
- Crash Down
- stage three, especially towards the end of the fight
- Use Minor Cooldowns
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Potion of Replenishment use
- immediately after stage two, before stage three ramps up
- Other things to watch for
Debuffs to Track
- Anti-Tampering Shock causes players to need heavy healing over time.
- Discombobulation (magic) should be dispelled immediately.
- Several abilities cause players to need additional healing.
- (Optional) Shrunk causes players to be susceptible to being Trampled, but ideally this won't happen.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for High Tinker Mekkatorque. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point. Some settings may be Mythic only.
Comment on High Tinker Mekkatorque, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
January 21, 2019 - 9:08 pm (Opulence) - Minor ability updates and clarifications, added DBM settings.
January 20, 2019 - 4:10 pm (Lady Jaina Proudmoore) - Mechanic and ability clarifications and corrections, added DBM settings.
January 19, 2019 - 10:02 pm (Stormwall Blockade) - Minor ability and mechanic clarifications, added DBM settings.
January 19, 2019 - 2:02 pm (High Tinker Mekkatorque) - Added DBM settings.
January 19, 2019 - 12:55 pm (King Rastakhan) - Corrected Focused Demise spell id.
January 18, 2019 - 11:29 pm (High Tinker Mekkatorque) - Minor ability and mechanic clarifications.
January 18, 2019 - 11:01 pm (King Rastakhan) - Ability and mechanic clarifications and corrections, added DBM settings.
January 18, 2019 - 1:52 pm (Jadefire Masters) - Added DBM settings.
January 18, 2019 - 1:43 pm (Grong, the Revenant (A)) - Added DBM settings.
January 18, 2019 - 1:39 pm (Grong, the Jungle Lord (H)) - Added DBM settings.