This page covers a healer-focused strategy for Champion of the Light in Battle of Dazar'alor. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences with the encounter as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
General Mechanics and Abilities
Normal and Heroic
During the encounter, Frida Ironbellows (H) / Ra'wani Kanae (A) (referred to as Champion in the rest of the guide) will be buffing herself with Seals and expending them to trigger powerful effects.
- A Crusader's Seal is applied to the Champion when the encounter begins, at 100% energy Release Seal consumes the Seal, triggers an additional effect, and applies the next Seal, as noted below.
- Seal of Retribution
- Grants nearby enemies Aura of Retribution, increasing damage and healing done.
- Deals light damage to all players with Retribution Wave.
- Any enemy killed while this is active grants the Champion several stacks of Zealotry.
- Release Seal: grants one enemy Judgement: Righteousness, significantly increasing damage and healing done.
- Seal of Reckoning
- Seal of Retribution
- Forces of the Crusade will periodically join the fight in groups of three - one Darkforged Crusader and two Anointed Disciples.
- These will need to be periodically moved to avoid the healing effect from Wave of Light, or the effect should be Purged.
- Anointed Disciple
- Darkforged Crusader
- On Heroic, periodically casts Divine Protection on an enemy, effectively making them immune to damage.
- At 30% health, gains Avenging Wrath, increasing damage done.
- Periodically casts Prayer for the Fallen.
Quick Notes, All Difficulties
The notes below mostly pertain to progression difficulty, meaning if you out-gear the difficulty you're on or use extra healers they may not apply.
- Use Major Cooldowns on
- Use Minor Cooldowns on
- Pre-heal Before (mainly for heal over time classes)
- Potion of Replenishment use
- Other things to watch for
- Tanks will be taking significant damage through out the fight due to the various buff mechanics.
Debuffs to Track
- Sacred Blade causes tanks to need increasing healing over time.
- Wave of Light can be Purged from enemies to prevent the healing effect.
Below are the DBM settings I'll be using for Champion of the Light. You can set them up however you'd like, but these ones should work well as a starting point. Some settings may be Mythic only.
Comment on Champion of the Light, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
February 28, 2019 - 2:27 pm (Lady Jaina Proudmoore) - Added information about alliance ships and ballista to stage one, added Frozen Solid to major debuffs to track.
February 15, 2019 - 3:34 pm (King Rastakhan) - Added Toad Toxin debuff from being hit by Plague of Toads.
February 12, 2019 - 7:32 am (Lady Jaina Proudmoore) - Updates to healer notes.
February 10, 2019 - 10:37 am (Stormwall Blockade) - Minor updates to healer notes and DBM settings.
February 09, 2019 - 3:41 pm (High Tinker Mekkatorque) - Minor updates to healer notes and DBM settings.
February 09, 2019 - 2:33 pm (King Rastakhan) - Minor updates to healer notes and DBM settings.
February 06, 2019 - 9:37 pm (Conclave of the Chosen) - Updates to healer notes and DBM settings.
February 06, 2019 - 9:21 pm (Opulence) - Updates to healer notes and DBM settings.
February 06, 2019 - 8:59 pm (Jadefire Masters) - Minor updates to healer notes and DBM settings.
February 06, 2019 - 7:21 pm (Grong, the Revenant (A)) - Minor updates to healer notes and DBM settings.