This page covers healer-focused strategies for The Slave Pens dungeon in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences as well as Dungeon Journal and combat log information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
Below are guides for the bosses in The Slave Pens, including their abilities, healer notes, and addon settings.
Mennu the Betrayer
- Interrupt Lightning Bolt to prevent the light damage dealt.
- Summons various totems throughout the encounter.
- Mennu's Healing Ward should be killed quickly to prevent the healing over time.
- Tainted Stoneskin Totem should be killed quickly to prevent the reduced melee damage taken effect.
- Tainted Earthgrab Totem should be killed quickly to prevent players from being affected by Earthgrab, rooting them in place and dealing light damage over time.
- Move at least 15-yards away from Corrupted Nova Totem to avoid the moderate damage from Fire Nova when the totem expires or is killed.
- As long as the totems are kept under control this fight shouldn't be very healing intensive. The hardest totem will be the Corrupted Nova Totem, which is most likely to hit the tank and melee DPS.
Debuffs to Track
- Minor: Earthgrab
Rokmar the Crackler
- Interrupt Water Spit to prevent the light damage dealt to all players.
- Soothe Frenzy to remove the increased attack speed and physical damage dealt effect.
- Targets random players with Grievous Wound, dealing light damage over time until the affected player is healed to full health.
- Targets random players with Ensnaring Moss, reducing melee attack speed and casting speed.
- Keeping players near full health can make dealing with Grievous Wound easier.
Debuffs to Track
- The tank will be dealing with the knock back from Uppercut.
- Don't stand in front to avoid Cleave.
- Don't stand in front when the boss turns to cast Acid Spray.
- Deals light damage to all players and then light damage over time with Poison Bolt Volley (dispel, poison).
- Use cooldowns as-needed on Poison Bolt Volley (dispel, poison), especially if no poison dispel is available.
Debuffs to Track
- Minor: Poison Bolt Volley (dispel, poison)
There are currently no notable addons for Quagmirran.
Below are notes for the trash mobs in The Slave Pens. The Slave Pens is a relatively linear dungeon. The trash below is ordered as if you're completing the bosses in the order they're listed above.
Entrance thru Mennu the Betrayer
- Greater Bogstrok
- Dispel Decayed Strength (disease) to remove the decreased strength effect.
- The tank will be dealing with Piercing Jab, reducing armor.
- Coilfang Slavehandler
- Accompanied by nearby Wastewalker Slaves and Wastewalker Workers. Generally, once the Slavehandler is killed the lesser enemies will reset and stay neutral.
- The tank will be dealing with Hamstring, reducing movement speed.
- The tank will also be dealing with Head Crack, reducing stamina.
- Coilfang Champion
- Coilfang Enchantress
- Coilfang Defender
- Coilfang Technician
- Avoid the location of Rain of Fire.
- Coilfang Collaborator
Mennu the Betrayer thru Rokmar the Crackler
- This are includes Coilfang Technicians, Coilfang Collaborators, Coilfang Defenders, Coilfang Champions, Greater Bogstroks, Bogstroks, detailed above.
- Coilfang Observer
- Coilfang Scale-Healer
- Coilfang Tempest
- Dispel Deadly Poison (poison) to prevent the light damage over time.
- Coilfang Ray
- Interrupt or dispel Psychic Horror (magic) to prevent the fear effect.
Rokmar the Crackler thru Quagmirran
- This area includes Coilfang Defenders, Coilfang Champions, Coilfang Enchantresses, Greater Bogstroks, Bogstroks, and Coilfang Scale-Healers, Coilfang Observers, detailed above.
- Coilfang Soothsayer
- This section contains an optional event to free Naturalist Bite, who will provide all players with the Mark of Bite buff, increasing all stats and nature resistance.
- The enemy wave during the event contains a Coilfang Champion, Coilfang Enchantress, and a Coilfang Soothsayer.
Trash Debuffs to Track
- Enrages to Soothe: Enrage
- Buffs to Purge: Power Word: Shield
- There are currently no notable addons for The Slave Pens trash mobs.
Comment on The Slave Pens, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
May 31, 2021 - 9:01 pm (Healer) - Added boss DBM settings.