This page covers healer-focused strategies for the Blood Furnace dungeon in The Burning Crusade. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences as well as Dungeon Journal and combat log information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
Below are guides for the bosses in Blood Furnace, including their abilities, healer notes, and addon settings.
- Stay at least 8-yards away from other players to avoid chaining the damage and knock up effect from Exploding Beaker.
- Targets random players with Domination, making them hostile to all players and increasing their damage dealt.
- Be prepared for the additional healing when a player is affected by Domination.
Debuffs to Track
- There are no particular debuffs to track.
- To begin the encounter, click on the Cell Door Lever.
- Before fighting Broggok, you must survive four waves of Nascent Fel Orcs and Fel Orc Neophytes from the cages in the walls of the room.
- Use cooldowns as-needed if no poison dispel is available for Poison Bolt (dispel, poison).
Debuffs to Track
- There are currently no notable addons for Broggok.
Keli'dan the Breaker
- The five Shadowmoon Channelers. must be killed before Keli'dan can be attacked.
- Keli'dan the Breaker
- If no magic dispel is available, be prepared for the additional healing on players affected by Mark of Shadow.
Debuffs to Track
There are currently no notable addons for Keli'dan the Breaker.
Below are notes for the trash mobs in Blood Furnace. Blood Furnace is a relatively linear dungeon. The trash below is ordered as if you're completing the bosses in the order they're listed above.
Entrance thru The Maker
- Laughing Skull Enforcer
- The tank will be dealing with the stun from Shield Slam, possibly leading to threat generation issues or temporary threat drops.
- Shadowmoon Adept
- Hellfire Imp
- Laughing Skull Rogue
- Shadowmoon Warlock
- Laughing Skull Legionnaire
- Shadowmoon Summoner
- Shadowmoon Technician
- Dispel Silence (magic) to remove the silence effect.
- Stay at least 5-yards away from other players to avoid chaining the damage from Throw Dynamite.
- Avoid the Proximity Bombs left on the ground by Throw Proximity Bomb.
- Triggering a Proximity Bomb deals moderate damage to all players within 30-yards.
- Laughing Skull Warden
- Buffs nearby enemies with Battle Shout, increasing physical damage dealt.
The Maker thru Broggok
- This area includes Shadowmoon Technicians, Laughing Skull Rogues, Laughing Skull Enforcers, Shadowmoon Warlocks, Shadowmoon Summoners, and Laughing Skull Wardens, detailed above.
- Nascent Fel Orc
- Stay at least 5-yards away to avoid Stomp.
- Fel Orc Neophyte
Broggok thru Keli'dan the Breaker
- This area contains Laughing Skull Rogues, and Shadowmoon Warlocks, detailed above.
- Felguard Brute
- Hellfire Familiar
- Felguard Annihilator
Trash Debuffs to Track
- Enrages to Soothe: Enrage, Enrage
- There are currently no notable addons for Blood Furnace trash mobs.
Comment on Blood Furnace, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
May 31, 2021 - 8:55 pm (Healer) - Added boss DBM settings.