This page covers healer-focused strategies for The MOTHERLODE dungeon. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
Below are guides for the bosses in The MOTHERLODE, including their abilities, healer notes, and addon settings.
Coin-Operated Crowd Pummeler
- Be positioned so Static Pulse doesn't knock you into other mechanics or enemies.
- Footbomb Launcher shoots out several Azerite Footbombs.
- Don't stand in front of the boss when it turns to cast Shocking Claw.
- On Heroic, spectators will Throw Coins into the arena.
- Use Cooldowns on Timed Detonation if any bombs weren't kicked into the boss.
Debuffs to Track
- There are no particular debuffs to track.
- The fights starts with four Earthragers active, with more periodically joining the fight throughout.
- Periodically removes crowd control from an Earthrager with Azerite Infusion.
- Stay 20-yards away from Earthragers when Resonate Pulse is used to avoid Resonant Quake.
- On Heroic, don't stand in front of the boss to avoid Tectonic Smash.
- Watch for players affected by Jagged Cut.
Debuffs to Track
- Minor: Jagged Cut
- Targets random players with Searing Reagent.
- Dispel Chemical Burn (magic) applied to random players.
- Avoid the Azerite Catalyst patches.
- Use Propellant Blast to clear Azerite Catalyst from the platform, but avoid being pushed into the oil.
- On Heroic, avoid the Azerite Catalyst line created by Gushing Catalyst.
- Use Cooldowns on Propellant Blast if too many players are caught in it.
Debuffs to Track
- Minor: Chemical Burn (dispel, magic)
This is a two-stage fight, during which players will fight against Razdunk inside his flying machine.
Stage One - big guns
Stage one begins at the start of the fight and ends when Razdunk reaches 50% health. This stage begins again once stage two is completed and ends when Razdunk is killed.
- The tank will be dealing with Alpha Cannon.
- Avoid being in front of Razdunk as he slowly spins during Gatling Gun.
- When targeted by Homing Missile, run away from the group to prevent the missile detonation from hitting other players.
- On Heroic, two B.O.O.M.B.A. units spawn at the start of the fight.
- These randomly move to different locations on the edge of the room.
- Periodically fire Micro Missiles across the entire length of the room in front of where they are.
- Try to position yourself so you're in a section of the room where neither of the B.O.O.M.B.A. are facing.
Stage Two - drill!
Stage two begins when Razdunk reaches 50% health and ends when all three stacks of Configuration: Drill are removed, as explained below.
- At the beginning of this stage, avoid the impact locations of Big Red Rocket.
- When targeted by Drill Smash, stand near a Big Red Rocket so Razdunk hits it, this removes a stack of Configuration: Drill.
- During this stage, two Venture Co. Skyscorchers will spawn.
- Use Cooldowns on Gatling Gun or Micro Missiles if players are going to be caught in the effects.
- Watch for players affected by
Debuffs to Track
Below are notes for the trash mobs in The MOTHERLODE. The MOTHERLODE has a relatively linear layout. The trash below is ordered as if you're completing the bosses in the order they're listed above. Some spells don't exist in the database and will be added as soon as they're available.
Entrance thru Coin-Operated Crowd Pummeler
- Mech Jockey
- Prevent these from reaching nearby Mechanized Peacekeepers and using Activate Mech.
- Refreshment Vendor
- Addled Thug
- Interrupt or dispel Inhale Vapors (enrage).
- Mechanized Peacekeeper
- Energy Shield blocks all damage coming from the front of the Peacekeeper.
- Hired Assassin
Coin-Operated Crowd Pummeler thru Azerokk
- Venture Co. Earthshaper
- Wanton Sapper
- Avoid the bombs these drop.
- Azerite Extractor
- Don't be in front of these to avoid Power Through.
- Taskmaster Askari
- Nearby enemies take less damage while Cover is active.
Azerokk thru Rixxa Fluxflame
- Venture Co. Alchemist
- Feckless Assistant
- Venture Co. Mastermind
- Weapons Tester
- Don't stand in front of these to avoid the silence from Echo Blade and the knockback from [Force Cannon].
Rixxa Fluxflame thru Mogul Razdunk
- Expert Technician
- Venture Co. War Machine
- Ordinance Specialist
- Interrupt Artillery Barrage or move out of the impact location.
- Venture Co. Skyscorcher
Trash Debuffs to Track
- Major: Brain Freeze (dispel, magic), Transmute: Enemy to Goo (dispel, magic), Azerite Heartseeker, Echo Blade (dispel, magic)
- Minor: Iced Spritzer, Widowmaker Poison (dispel, poison), Rock Lance, Energy Lash, Festering Bite (dispel, disease), Mine Blast, Artillery Barrage
- Enrages to Dispel: Inhale Vapors
- Buffs to Purge: Azerite Injection, Earth Shield, Overcharge, Tectonic Barrier
In this section you'll find notes about certain interactions bosses and trash mobs have with the Mythic+ difficulty increase or certain affixes that make them more troublesome than normal.
- Rowdy Reveler
- These are a neutral/lesser enemy throughout the dungeon that trigger Bursting when killed.
- Mechanized Peacekeeper, Venture Co. Mastermind, and Venture Co. War Machine
- These are difficult to move out of Sanguine and should probably be killed first in any group they appear in.
Mythic 10, 1 Upgrade Clear, Restoration Druid PoV
Below is a video of me clearing The MOTHERLODE on Mythic 10 difficulty in time for a 1 upgrade.
Mythic 0 Clear, Restoration Druid PoV
Below is a video of me clearing The MOTHERLODE on Mythic difficulty.
Comment on The MOTHERLODE, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
March 11, 2019 - 7:14 pm (Healer) - Reviewed guide for 8.1.5, no changes needed.
October 12, 2018 - 9:56 pm (Healer) - Full guide review and added more M+ notes.
October 01, 2018 - 2:16 pm (Healer) - Added DBM settings for bosses and trash.
September 10, 2018 - 4:54 pm (Healer) - Added mythic 0 clear video.
September 09, 2018 - 12:12 am (Healer) - Added first Mythic+ notes.
September 02, 2018 - 8:26 am (Healer) - Added Enrages to dispel and buffs to Purge to Trash Mobs.
August 22, 2018 - 2:03 am (Healer) - Coins from Throw Coins on Coin-Operated Crowd Pummeler are not actually able to be picked up, and instead the boss should be moved away from them.
August 15, 2018 - 3:28 pm (Healer) - Added note about Taskmaster Askari and the "Cover" ability.