This page covers healer-focused strategies for the Kings' Rest dungeon. While it's tailored for healers, other roles may also find the information useful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, you can leave a comment below or tweet @PrestonDvorak.
This guide has been updated and maintained based on my own experiences as well as Dungeon Journal information. I'll continue to update it as-needed.
Below are guides for the bosses in Kings' Rest, including their abilities, healer notes, and addon settings.
The Golden Serpent
- The tank will be dealing with Tail Thrash.
- When Serpentine Gust is being cast, stay 15-yards away from The Golden Serpent.
- When affected by Spit Gold, move away from the group and the boss to drop the resulting Molten Gold pool.
- Lucre's Call turns all Molten Gold pools into Animated Gold.
- Kill these before they reach The Golden Serpent and grant it a stack of Luster.
- Use Cooldowns if the boss gains high stacks of Luster.
- Watch for were players are running with Spit Gold as they'll probably run out of range.
Debuffs to Track
- Minor: Spit Gold
Mchimba the Embalmer
- Avoid the impact location of Burn Corruption and the resulting Burning Ground patch.
- Players affected by Drain Fluids take moderate damage over time.
- At the end of its duration, the player is affected by Dessication and must be healing above 90% health to remove it.
- A random player will periodically be Entombed.
- Use Cooldowns if too many Half-Finished Mummies are active.
Debuffs to Track
The Council of Tribes
During this fight, players will be fighting against one of the three council members at a time, in a random order set each week. Once a council member is killed, they return to their urn and appear periodically to use one of their abilities.
Kula the Butcher
Aka'ali the Conqueror
- The tank will be dealing with Debilitating Backhand and will need extra healing while affected by Shattered Defenses.
- Stand between Aka'ali and the player targeted by Barrel Through to help split the damage from Barrel Through.
Zanazal the Wise
- Interrupt Poison Nova.
- Interrupt Lightning Bolt if you have extra interrupts.
- Be prepared to kill the totems summoned by Call of the Elements.
- Explosive Totem casts Explode, dealing heavy damage to the group.
- Avoid the impact locations of Torrent from the Torrent Totem.
- Earthwall Totem casts Earthwell, putting an absorb shield on the currently active council member.
- This can be purged if possible.
- Thundering Totem casts Thundering Crash, interrupting all players.
- Use Cooldowns on Barrel Through or if any of the boss' abilities overlap and become overwhelming.
Debuffs to Track
Dazar, The First King
- The tank will be dealing with Blade Combo.
- Avoid the Gale Slash vortexes.
- When affected by Quaking Leap, move away from the group to reduce their damage taken.
- At 80% health, Dazar summons Reban.
- Avoid the Hunting Leap cone after Reban leaps to a random player.
- At 60% health, Dazar mounts T'zala.
- At 40% health, activates Spear Launchers around the outside of the room.
- Stuns random players with Impaling Spear.
- Cooldowns will likely be needed more towards the end of the fight as more mechanics are active.
Debuffs to Track
Below are notes for the trash mobs in Kings' Rest. King's Rest has a relatively linear layout. The trash below is ordered as if you're completing the bosses in the order they're listed above.
Entrance thru The Golden Serpent
- Animated Guardian
- Don't be in front of these when Suppression Slam is cast.
- Inside the room with the Serpentine Seal, make sure the entire group is near the Seal before clicking it as it causes several groups of enemies to spawn in the room.
- Shadow-Borne Warrior
- Avoid the vortexes created by Gust Slash.
- Shadow-Borne Witch Doctor
- Interrupt Shadow Bolt Volley to prevent extra damage dealt to the group.
- Shadow-Borne Champion
The Golden Serpent thru Mchimba the Embalmer
- One of the first rooms you enter contains several small encounters.
- Encounter One
- Encounter Two
- Encounter Three
- Encounter Four
- Purification Construct
- Embalming Fluid
Mchimba the Embalmer thru The Council of Tribes
- Spectral Hex Priest
- Interrupt or dispel Hex (curse).
- Spectral Berserker
- Spectral Witch Doctor
- Move enemies away from the Healing Tide Totem.
- Spectral Beastmaster
- Honored Raptor
- Leaps to random players with Hunting Leap, dealing heavy damage to anyone nearby.
- Spectral Brute
- Move out of the Ground Crush effect when it's cast.
The Council of Tribes thru Dazar, The First King
- Shadow of Zul
Trash Debuffs to Track
- Major: Hidden Blade (dispel, poison), Embalming Fluid (dispel, poison)
- Minor: Suppression Slam, Gust Slash, Axe Barrage, Severing Blade, Poison Barrage (dispel, poison)
- Enrages to Dispel: None
- Buffs to Purge: Induce Regeneration, Seduction
Mythic 0 Clear, Restoration Druid PoV
Below is a video of me clearing Kings' Rest on Mythic difficulty.
Comment on Kings' Rest, Healer Guide
Changelog - View the last ten changes. - +
October 09, 2018 - 4:47 pm (Healer) - Added DBM settings to bosses and trash.
September 02, 2018 - 8:23 am (Healer) - Added Enrages to dispel and buffs to Purge to Trash Mobs.
September 01, 2018 - 6:18 pm (Healer) - Added Mythic 0 clear video.
August 23, 2018 - 12:12 am (Healer) - Added Trash Mob information and made minor corrections to boss information.